Sheffield Scout Post

dunsbyowl1867

It's interesting to see some of the old stamps again, I've got a few from past years in the loft as well.

Not sure if Woodseats still do something locally, but the Sheffield wide scheme came to an end in the early 2000s (can't remember the last year off hand) due to too many scout groups not taking part and therefore too many gaps in the system which were getting too difficult to fill by neighbouring groups.

It was a labour intensive event and it took up every evening both collecting and delivering. Our group had quite a large delivery area in the end and it just got very silly, so we were not unhappy when the decision was taken to call it a day.

It's interesting to see some of the old stamps again, I've got a few from past years in the loft as well.

Not sure if Woodseats still do something locally, but the Sheffield wide scheme came to an end in the early 2000s (can't remember the last year off hand) due to too many scout groups not taking part and therefore too many gaps in the system which were getting too difficult to fill by neighbouring groups.

It was a labour intensive event and it took up every evening both collecting and delivering. Our group had quite a large delivery area in the end and it just got very silly, so we were not unhappy when the decision was taken to call it a day.

I remember when my son was in Bradway scouts it brought in some good funds. However I seem to remember we had to deliver a lot more than our allocated streets, as with all these activities there are always more people that don't help then do.

It brought in some fantsatic funds for most groups. As well as building Woodseats current meeting place it put enough money in their bank to keep them going for many years to come PLUS over the 20 years of its operation it donated in excess of £150,000 to local charities.

It brought in some fantsatic funds for most groups. As well as building Woodseats current meeting place it put enough money in their bank to keep them going for many years to come PLUS over the 20 years of its operation it donated in excess of £150,000 to local charities.

Another web page

http://johcra7.100webspace.net/S/shfl/shfl2.html