Osborns @ Ecclesfield

yorkshirecath

Hiya

My Dad worked at Osborns steel works in Ecclesfield for many many years. It was on Nether Lane and i think it turned into Excel and is now a catering company.

I always remember the bakers Sylvesters on the corner cause when i used to go to work with Dad at the weekend they would give me a mini loaf. Sadly they are no longer there either.

I'm after a bit of history on the place and some photos as i think it would be a nice gift for my Dad for Christmas.

Thanks

Cath x

Hiya

My Dad worked at Osborns steel works in Ecclesfield for many many years. It was on Nether Lane and i think it turned into Excel and is now a catering company.

I always remember the bakers Sylvesters on the corner cause when i used to go to work with Dad at the weekend they would give me a mini loaf. Sadly they are no longer there either.

I'm after a bit of history on the place and some photos as i think it would be a nice gift for my Dad for Christmas.

Thanks

Cath x

My dad worked there as well form 1973-1981 when it closed down. There is some history somewhere on the net - as I remember the development Ecclesfield site was a consolidation exercise called grandly the "Ecclesfield Project". I think it became part the Aurora Group.?

There was a chemist on the other corner and a little bank on another a that funny little building - was it called Rollem on the other.

If i'm driving that way I always look that big blue Osbourn building always caught the eye. I haven't come across any photos though :(