Be your own Grandfather

vox

According to the wonderful Phil Harris in the song "He's His Own Grandpa", these are the circumstances by which you could become your own grandfather. :)

Own_grandpa.doc

I suppose he is best known as the voice of Baloo The Bear (Jungle Book) although his many other works are too numerous to list.

I'm a big fan and I've got most of his 1950's comedy recordings.

Guest binsted71

According to the wonderful Phil Harris in the song "He's His Own Grandpa", these are the circumstances by which you could become your own grandfather. :)

Own_grandpa.doc

I suppose he is best known as the voice of Baloo The Bear (Jungle Book) although his many other works are too numerous to list.

The same song with slightly different words from Lonzo & Oscar, a country music duo from the '50's.

I__m_my_own_Grandpa__.doc

Own_grandpa.doc

OK so as an extra though provoker to get kids thinking in a form period / PSD (Personal and Social Development) lesson on family relationships I asked the question to my form of Y10 (14 -15 year olds) could you become your own grandfather (or grandmother if you are a girl, - the logic is the same)

Out of 23 present that morning,

14 thought it was impossible or had no idea :unsure:

8 thought it had to do with incest or some illegal marriage, "can you marry your own grandmother once your natural grandfather has died?" :o

But one bright lad had almost worked it out but didn't quite get the answer before the bell went :(

But it certainly got them all thinking ;-)

OK so as an extra though provoker to get kids thinking in a form period / PSD (Personal and Social Development) lesson on family relationships I asked the question to my form of Y10 (14 -15 year olds) could you become your own grandfather (or grandmother if you are a girl, - the logic is the same)

Out of 23 present that morning,

14 thought it was impossible or had no idea :unsure:

8 thought it had to do with incest or some illegal marriage, "can you marry your own grandmother once your natural grandfather has died?" :o

But one bright lad had almost worked it out but didn't quite get the answer before the bell went :(

But it certainly got them all thinking ;-)

Excellent idea Dave.

Well done.

Excellent idea Dave.

Well done.

I didn't expect to get a lesson plan from SheffieldHistory but it certainly came in handy for a one off form period thought provoker.

I didn't expect to get a lesson plan from SheffieldHistory but it certainly came in handy for a one off form period thought provoker.

If I could be my own grandfather I would be able to tell myself about what went on in Sheffield in the old days when I was just a lad so that the real me could post it all up on Sheffield History he he lol