Davison Family

Guest andydeda

Guest andydeda

I wonder if anyone has any information on my ancesters...DAVISON

They lived around Sheffield town center and then Burngrave From at least 1800s to 1901..

I have particular interest in George Davison aged 50 on 1841 census living with wife Mary two sons William and Henry at 65 Coal Pit lane.Any Information would be very helpful.....andyd

They lived around Sheffield town center and then Burngrave From at least 1800s to 1901..

I have particular interest in George Davison aged 50 on 1841 census living with wife Mary two sons William and Henry at 65 Coal Pit lane.Any Information would be very helpful.....andyd

A small comment if you are looking for Georges birth. The ages of adults in the 1841 census were rounded to the nearest five, so, he may have been born 2-3 years either way of 1791. Not found him elsewhere so far.

Guest andydeda

Thankyou....I didnt know that..I will expand year born search..in other census searches...I know he was born in sheffield...thanks again... andy

Thankyou....I didnt know that..I will expand year born search..in other census searches...I know he was born in sheffield...thanks again... andy

Now you know it, next time you are in 1841-land notice the adults ages, nobody is 33 or 47 ...

Guest andydeda

Just checked 1841 census again...I thought George was born in sheffield but in column (if born in same county) it looks like a N = No.

so now not sure where he was born.......

Just checked 1841 census again...I thought George was born in sheffield but in column (if born in same county) it looks like a N = No.

That's a blow ... :(

A couple of discrepancies, but the ages and birthplaces match the 1841 census:

1851 census

piece 2337 folio 321 page 24

Ct 9 Carver St

(Ecclesall Bierlow)

Geo DAVIDSON Head Marr 64 DBY die sinker DBY Chesterfield

Mary DAVIDSON Wife Marr 56 scissor burnisher Sheffield

Ann DAVIDSON Dau Unm 28 washer woman Sheffield

Carver St is close to Coal Pit Lane (which is now called Cambridge St).

The different spelling of this surname is always likely to happen.

The change in occupation is more unexpected.

I think this is the burial of Mary:

Burial at St Paul's, Pinstone St

DAVISON Mary 30 May 1852 57y Carver St wi George

No sign of George in this graveyard, or anywhere else I have checked. There are these two children at St Paul's:

Burials at St Paul's

DAVISON Sarah 4 Mar 1821 da George [no age listed]

DAVISON George 25 Sep 1822 1y so George

In the 1841 census there is an Ann DAVISON aged 17 who is a servant in the household of a solicitor in Paradise Square (ref piece 1338/2 folio 51 page 41)

Hugh

This looks like a possible marriage:

Marriage at Sheffield Parish Church (SS Peter & Paul, now the Anglican Cathedral)

Volume O page 146 entry 436 (volume covers May 1815 to Feb 1816)

George DAVISON Mary PINDAR

(This is from the Sheffield FHS index).

The baptisms of the children may eventually appear on the Sheffield Indexers site. They are transcribing them back to 1812 and have currently reached 1826.

Hugh

wow... :blink: thankyou very much.. for this information...

I knew if I bluffed long enough a "grown up" would chip in some real information.

Thanks Hugh.

Hi can you tell me if St pauls church Graveyard is still there?

St Pauls "left the building" one year after Elvis was born (1938); on the site of The Peace Gardens ... Link Fairy may provide pictures of interior/exterior (picture ... maybe an engraving ... brilliant ...)

St Pauls "left the building" one year after Elvis was born (1938); on the site of The Peace Gardens ... Link Fairy may provide pictures of interior/exterior (picture ... maybe an engraving ... brilliant ...)

Born circa 1820, left unpopulated for 20 years ... covered elsewhere as to why

On 11/11/2009 at 14:55, Guest andydeda said:

On 11/11/2009 at 17:32, RichardB said:

Now you know it, next time you are in 1841-land notice the adults ages, nobody is 33 or 47 ...

Hi I'm related to George and Mary can anyone let andydeda  know I have done davison family tree and would love to help him out wayn davison email waynelotd@hotmail.co.uk many thanks

On 11/11/2009 at 18:04, Guest andydeda said:

Hi andy I'm related to George and Mary davison and would like you help you out with davison family wayne davison email waynelotd@hotmail.co.uk 

On 20/11/2020 at 22:06, Wayne Davison said:

Hi andy I'm related to George and Mary davison and would like you help you out with davison family wayne davison email waynelotd@hotmail.co.uk 

Hi I think we are also related. Lily Davison was my great great grandmother. She married William Henry Thompson and then Frederick Harrison. She had a daughter with William Henry called Elvina.

Hi Andrea I've got lily davison in my tree if you need any help and she married William Henry Thompson wayne davison from sheffield

Lily Thompson 

Born 29 June 1872

Died sep 1942

I go back to thomas davison born 1771 and thats as far as I seem to go back so far any help would be great I've got 

75a98d8b-ac24-4881-9f58-8cc42b16e231.jpg

Is this Lily?!! Would it be possible to receive a hi-res version? Thank you so much. You’ve made my day.

bear with me and I will have a look at what I have tomorrow 

20 hours ago, Andrea B said:

Is this Lily?!! Would it be possible to receive a hi-res version? Thank you so much. You’ve made my day.

bear with me and I will have a look at what I have tomorrow 

Sorry Andrea thats the only image I have

Is it part of a bigger photo? I only have photos of Elvina, her daughter when she was middle aged if you would like me to share them. Not sure if you are looking at this side of the family too?