Do you remember these

Stuart0742

I'll put my hand up to that one Suzy, I remember Gary Halliday. Being obsessed with planes and flying since I was so-high I watched everything and anything with planes in. "Whirlybirds" anyone?

Yes I remember Whirlybirds Bayleaf - Chuck and P.T. the intrepid helicopter pilots, wasn´t it I don´t know how to create the link but there is some stuff on Wikepedia about it, just put in Whirlybirds. :)

That reminds me, - if you are in Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, the Holy Land, North Africa or any Mediterranian island NEVER eat their fish / seafood.

I know some of these countries pride themselves on their seafood cuisine BUT...

The Mediterranian is their sea, so it is their "open sewer" for disposing of effluent (sewage)

But, unlike our sea the Maditerranean is almost land locked on all sides, so the effluent has nowhere to go and it just stays there, tides can't carry it away.

OK so the Med. is pretty big and has the capacity to absorb it.

But it is also one of the cradles of civilisation on which several ancient empires flourished.

So it now contains around 8000 years worth of effluent. :o

I too am not a fish lover and living in Spain it never fails to amaze me some of the dreadful specimens the locals enjoy, however, saying that Spain and France catch most of their fish and seafood off the coast of Britain these days :)

I looked up some info on the Mediterranean as follows.....

80% of urban sewage discharged into the Mediterranean Sea is untreated.

This sewage can also lead to eutrophication, which basically means there will not be any sea life left to catch before long.

The United Nations Environment Programme has estimated that 650,000,000 tonnes of sewage, 129,000 t of mineral oil, 60,000 t of mercury, 3,800 t of lead and 36,000 t of phosphates are dumped into the Mediterranean each year.

Needless to say I don´t swim in the Med either ;-) although even the Atlantic off Cornwall is quite iffy too, think Surfers against Sewage :o

I looked up some info on the Mediterranean as follows.....

80% of urban sewage discharged into the Mediterranean Sea is untreated.

This sewage can also lead to eutrophication, which basically means there will not be any sea life left to catch before long.

The United Nations Environment Programme has estimated that 650,000,000 tonnes of sewage, 129,000 t of mineral oil, 60,000 t of mercury, 3,800 t of lead and 36,000 t of phosphates are dumped into the Mediterranean each year.

Needless to say I don´t swim in the Med either ;-)

That makes it sound a lot worse than I thought it would be!

Definately won't be going in or eating anything out of the Med now :o

However, saying that Spain and France catch most of their fish and seafood off the coast of Britain these days :)

Perhaps you need to replace the word "catch" with "steal" :o

Even the Atlantic off Cornwall is quite iffy too,

There have been instances of sewage, effluent and general garbage being washed up on Cornish beaches which has crossed the Atlantic from America on the Gulf Stream.

So, the Gulf Stream brings South west England that nice, pleasant, better than the average weather.

It also brings them a load of American rubbish

American Rubbish = subtle link back to topic, - old TV programmes.

Last TV programmes mentioned were American ones which many people see as "American Rubbish"

anyone remember constant hot water with elsie tanner filmed in bridlington never been repeated

Possibly very vaguely,

Did Elsie Tanner (Pat Phoenix) play a boarding house landlady?

Possibly very vaguely,

Did Elsie Tanner (Pat Phoenix) play a boarding house landlady?

yes she did play a landlady it was filmed at a boarding house on windsor street bridlington

stayed there for a weeks holiday just after the series finished

yes she did play a landlady it was filmed at a boarding house on windsor street bridlington

stayed there for a weeks holiday just after the series finished

Then yes, I can very vaguely remember it, but I had no idea it was filmed in Bridlington.

Given Pat Phoenix's other role as Elsie Tanner and her appearance as a typical Lancashire lass I just assumed it would have been Blackpool.

Without Google !!

Does anyone remember the significance of "Elegance, Charm and Deadly Danger"

Mom just came across a pendant with these words on whilst looking through some old stuff.

Without Google !!

Does anyone remember the significance of "Elegance, Charm and Deadly Danger"

Mom just came across a pendant with these words on whilst looking through some old stuff.

Just "googled" it for you - appears to be the motto of Lady Penelope out of Thunderbirds :) http://www.fab1.co.nz/characters/characters.htm

he he he he he he Oops

I've got Google, and I knew what it was.

I was asking if anyone else could remember without resorting to a search engine.

Never mind

:blink:lol

Doh!! Blonde moment there. Although I thought it strange you wouldn't have Google he he

:blink:lol

Doh!! Blonde moment there. Although I thought it strange you wouldn't have Google he he

I must add, sorry Vox, completely spoiled your quiz!! :unsure: