Do you remember these

Stuart0742

I remember the tune to Man in a Suitcase, even better I remember the man.

Richard Bradford corrrr.

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Is this the man U/L

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Is this the man U/L

OHHH Thank you Stuart, that's made my night.

I'll not sleep tonight. lol ;-)

What about 77 Sunset Strip with "Cookie" Ed Byrnes and Connie Stevens.

Would it have been a Connie Stevens song that had the line ~ `Cookie, Cookie, lend me your comb` ?

Would it have been a Connie Stevens song that had the line ~ `Cookie, Cookie, lend me your comb` ?

That's the one. It was one of the first records I bought. :rolleyes:

That's the one. It was one of the first records I bought. :rolleyes:

We did not get a record player until 1958/59 so my first was `[Till] I kissed you` by the Everly Brothers, from Spooners on Barrack Hill. W/E.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Is this the man U/L

Does anyone remember seeing Richard Bradford later in years in the film " The Untouchables "

with Sean Connery and Kevin Cosner. He was the cop in uniform who had a fight with Sean Connery.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiyxrKU3DQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiyxrKU3DQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Did anyone spot Ed "kookie " Byrnes later in years, in the film Grease with Olivia Newton John and

John Travolta? Ed Bynes was about 47 playing a singing and dancing teenager. :o he he

Whilst we're on B&W american shows, can I just throw "Hogan's Heroes" into the hat?

Believe it or not, Hogans Heroes is shown in Germany under the title 'ein Käfig voller Helden' (A cage full of heroes).

Couldn't believe it when it popped up on my TV screen. They seem to like it a lot!

Believe it or not, Hogans Heroes is shown in Germany under the title 'ein Käfig voller Helden' (A cage full of heroes).

Couldn't believe it when it popped up on my TV screen. They seem to like it a lot!

Yes it does seem strange that they like it. :unsure:

Isn't Hogans Heros about a group of second world war American roughnecks who give the Germans a good thrashing.

Yes it does seem strange that they like it.

Isn't Hogans Heros about a group of second world war American roughnecks who give the Germans a good thrashing.

Yes, it is a comedy program and portrays the Germans as bumbling fools.

Now do you remember the old adverts

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYNj2ioP2do&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYNj2ioP2do&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz-AiBJG4TY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz-AiBJG4TY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0pXyuzcA4c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0pXyuzcA4c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e24ALA6K7Ts&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e24ALA6K7Ts&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

What's that, - about 36 minutes worth of adverts :o

That's longer than some of the programmes! lol

You can't win with TV.

On the ITV you have to suffer an endless run of adverts interrupting the programmes

On the BBC you have to suffer a lot of "repeats" to fill in the time when they could have shown adverts.

OK so one of Phil Silvers characters was "Sgt. Bilko", his best known and best remembered roll.

Where would Top Cat (or "Boss Cat") and Benny be without Bilko and Dobermann, - totally lost for conversation.

But Phil silvers also had another 1960's TV series in which he played a similar sort of character to Bilko but a civilian who worked in a factory, - used to fiddle his time sheet by winding the hands of the clocking in clock back before clocking in, that sort of thing.

Anyone else remember it?

If so what was it called and what was Phil silvers character called?

My memory fails me here as it was never as popular as Bilko

Just discovered this thread and have been enjoying the memories, found out that the programme you are talking about was "The New Phil Silvers Show" (I can vaguely remember it but not a patch on Bilko) which only had thirty episodes on CBS in the US from September 28, 1963, to April 25, 1964, under the sponsorship of General Foods. Silvers tried to revive, with many changes, the theme of his earlier, much more successful, The Phil Silvers Show (CBS, 1955-1959). In the 1963-1964 version, Silvers played Harry Grafton, a plant foreman at the Osborne Corporation, who like the previous Bilko character is always eager to embrace a get-rich-quick scheme.

The large supporting cast included Stafford Repp as Grafton's supervisor, Mr. Brink; Jim Shane as Lester; Herbie Faye as Waluska; Douglas Dumbrille as Mr. Osborne, the factory owner; Eric Morris as Stanley; Steve Mitchell as Fred Starkey; Bob Williams as Bob, Buddy Lester as Nick; Pat Renella as Roxy, and Norm Grabowski as Grabowski. (not exactly a host of household names in the UK then :P )

Now do you remember the old adverts

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYNj2ioP2do&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYNj2ioP2do&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz-AiBJG4TY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz-AiBJG4TY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

That Tufty advert can´t be right, how come you see more squished squirrels than weasels on the roads lol. Weasels can run a lot faster, even with a "99´r" in their paw :)

Thanks Stuart 0742 for all those old ads, I´m surprised there is not more feedback. There were so many laughs in there it was unbelievable, Ultra Brite toothpaste - did it have carbon tetrachloride in it, you have to pay 200 quid these days for teeth that white ;-)

How to tempt us Sheffield kids into the sophisticated world of Black Magic, Chanel and of course, cough, spit, Players.

Come on girls, didn´t we all try being seductive with a Cadbury´s Flake, only (after the first decent bite) to have all the bits dropping and melting on to our sexy white tops, crumbling in a most attractively browning way round our pouting mouths (heaven help if you had a light down on your upper lip) and gumming up our teeth, worst of all the lads would always end up eating most of it, rather than a romantic interlude :P

I never really notice adverts these days, except the really annoying ones "Go Compare" springs to mind but after watching this lot can see I have been indoctrinated over many years, sublimely, from an early age ;-)

Yes, it is a comedy program and portrays the Germans as bumbling fools.

Hogan's Heroes was an American television sitcom that ran for 168 episodes from September 17, 1965, to March 28, 1971, on the CBS network. The show was set in a German prisoner of war (POW) camp during the Second World War. Bob Crane had the starring role as Colonel Robert E. Hogan, who co-ordinated an international crew of Allied prisoners running a Special Operations group from the camp. The programme also featured Werner Klemperer as Colonel Wilhelm Klink, the commandant of the camp, and John Banner as the inept sergeant-of-the-guard, Schultz..

The setting was a fictional version of Stalag 13 (Camp 13 in early episodes), a POW camp for captured Allied airmen located north of the town of Hammelburg in the Bad Kissingen woods and run by the Luftwaffe. Its location was on the Hammelburg Road (now known as E45), on the way to Hofburgstraße and eventually Düsseldorf. One episode mentions they are 106 kilometers from Heidelberg, but that measurement is actually aviation miles; it would have taken 199 km (124 miles) by car.

Stalag 13 bore no resemblance to its real-life counterparts, Oflag XIII-B and Stalag XIII-C. The show's premise was that the POWs were actually active war participants, using the camp as a base of operations for Allied espionage and sabotage against the Germans or the German Armed Forces. The prisoners could leave and return almost at will via a secret network of tunnels and had radio contact with Allied command (under the name "Papa Bear" and sometimes "Goldilocks"). They were aided by the incompetence of the camp commandant, Colonel Klink, and the Sergeant Of The Guard, Sergeant Schultz- . Hogan would routinely manipulate the incompetent Klink and get Schultz to look the other way while his men conducted secret operations. Klink and Schultz were in constant terror of being transferred to the Russian Front, and Hogan took pains to keep the hapless German duo firmly in place. Klink had a perfect record of no escapes while he commanded the POW camp. Hogan actually assisted in maintaining this record, and made sure any prisoners who needed to be spirited away had been transferred to someone else's authority before their escape was enacted.

There is tons more stuff on this show on Wikepedia, including cast lists etc. for anyone who hasn´t yet fallen asleep. :)

"Robinson Crusoe" & "The White Horses" were both foreign shows dubbed into english.

Talking of Kid's TV, what about?

Space Patrol, Joe 90, Secret Service, Four feather falls, Supercar, Fireball XL5,

Camberwick Green, Pogle's Wood, Tales of the riverbank

The impossibles (Cartoon)

To name but a few

Mentioning foreign tv shows reminds me that there used to be a programme each week called "Tales from Europe" featuring a story from different countries. I particularly remember the Singing Ringing Tree which entranced me as a kid. Many years later I obtained a video copy of this film from the BBC retail outlet at an exorbitant price and what a let down it was. Plastic dragon thingy in the water, much Eastern European use of dwarves to frighten the kiddies, very camp hero, need I go on :o Does anyone else remember this sorry tale? The Robinson Crusoe film was epic though, I was absolutely enthralled and immediately read the Daniel Defoe book which was a bit heavy going at 9 or 10 but I persevered.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Do you remember these 60's TV shows

I can see I´m going to be on here all night but the memories are flooding back on this topic. Does anyone remember Watch With Mother in the early 1950´s? Monday was Picture Book, a lady with a big BBC plum in her mouth reading a story (boring); Tuesday was Andy Pandy, Teddy and Looby Loo, what they got up to in that basket is beyond me. Wednesday (my favourite) was Bill and Ben, flobberdob liddle weeeed and I think the little house knows something about it. (remember how scary it was when they went through the gap in the fence into the wild wood and sometimes met the goblin thing that swung about, not to mention the big tortoise :) ) Thursday was Rag ,Tag and Bobtail, they were a puppet forerunner to Hammy the Hamster, if I remember rightly. Friday, of course, was the Woodentops, with the biggest, spottiest dog in the world.

Happy carefree days, tons of imagination to scare yourself to death playing in the garden, then back home for tea and bed (was that wardrobe door really shut or open :o )