Do you remember these

Stuart0742

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Do you remember these 60's TV shows

Ah memories of an innocent age and didn't we watch a load of rubbish at times! <_< I can't even blame it on the kids as they weren't born at that time. Remember we had "Thing" from the Munsters or was it the Adam's family, the hand that came out of a box. Lost in Space - how corny was that and as for Mr Ed? A wonderful trip down memory lane, thank you.

The theme to the Avengers was played over the beginning & end titles.

It reminds me of Sunday nights. Me and my brother were allowed to stop up to watch the programme, but as soon as the opening chords of the end theme started up we were subjected to the same old phrase "Come on you two, bedtime, school tomorrow".

The music still sends a chill through me!

"Robinson Crusoe" & "The White Horses" were both foreign shows dubbed into english.

Talking of Kid's TV, what about?

Space Patrol, Joe 90, Secret Service, Four feather falls, Supercar, Fireball XL5,

Camberwick Green, Pogle's Wood, Tales of the riverbank

The impossibles (Cartoon)

To name but a few

Guest DIZZINICK

"Robinson Crusoe" & "The White Horses" were both foreign shows dubbed into english.

Space Patrol, Joe 90, Secret Service, Four feather falls, Supercar, Fireball XL5,

To name but a few

What about Bullwinkle and Rocky.

To name but a few

I think this was the opening line of the Four Feather Falls episodes.

The four feathers on this hat are magic. They enable his dog and horse to speak, and his gun's to fire without him eeeven touching them.

I think this was the opening line of the Four Feather Falls episodes.

The four feathers on this hat are magic. They enable his dog and horse to speak, and his gun's to fire without him eeeven touching them.

Each feather gave him a "special power"

1} Talking dog

2} Talking horse (so that's where they got the idea for Mr. Ed :unsure: )

3} Automatic firing guns

So what was the fourth feather for?

Each feather gave him a "special power"

1} Talking dog

2} Talking horse (so that's where they got the idea for Mr. Ed :unsure: )

3} Automatic firing guns

So what was the fourth feather for?

I always assumed that it was one for each gun Dave.

I always assumed that it was one for each gun Dave.

Yes you're probably right.

How many people can actually remember four feather falls these days?

Whenever TV does a special about Gerry Amnderson they always concentrate on his 1960's supermarionation classics, - in particular, Thunderbirds.

However, as I remember it his first puppet programme was "Twizzle" which he did with the writer Roberta Leigh. The second one was "Torchy trhe Battery Boy", also with Roberta Leigh but during the making of this they parted company so that the first independent Gerry Anderson production was "Four Feather Falls".

The follow up to FFF was the first supermarionation programme "Supercar" which was more widely marketed by ATC productions and set the scene for the classic follow ons, in order, - "Fireball XL5", "Stingray" and "Thunderbirds" which to many is still his best show, although others did follow it like "Captain scarlet" and "Joe 90".

Strange though that those first 3 early Gerry Anderson productions, all pre- Supercar and made in the 1950's are now almost forgotten.

By my reckoning vox that would be about 1957 or 1958.

I hope it was not much later than that Dave.

I wouldn't like to think I was watching "kids stuff" much after 1960. :o

If it was later -- Well - Let's say I would have been watching for the sake of my younger siblings. lol

I hope it was not much later than that Dave.

I wouldn't like to think I was watching "kids stuff" much after 1960. :o

If it was later -- Well - Let's say I would have been watching for the sake of my younger siblings. lol

Well, I watched kids stuff as a kid, missed a bit, then watched a bit more with my own kids, must a bit when they grew up a bit and now I can still watch a bit more with my grandkids :mellow:

I'm NOT my own grandfather though lol

...and I'm not that keen on Wurthers Original mints either.

Nearly missed your link between posts vox.

Nice one on four feather falls.

Look how many people that were later famous were involved in it,

Nicholas Parsons (sale of the century), Michael Holliday (died too young) and Tommy Reilley (still got his chromatic harmonica course on a doulbe LP)

Link also explains what each of the 4 feathers did.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Do you remember these 60's TV shows

Stuart what a FAB thread - I can remember nearly every single theme tune and sang to them!! he he

It brings back great memories of sitting down as a family and watching the programmes. Tinged with a little sadness for me as my Dad, God rest his soul, died young at the age of 48, but what a great time we had back then laughing at some of them, particularly seeing the wires on the Thunderbirds puppets. lol There are not many programmes these days whereby the whole family can sit down and watch them together.

It also brought back good memories of sitting down with Dad on a Saturday afternoon, having had our fish and chips from Beckets at Manor Top for lunch and watching the wrestling. :rolleyes:

Stuart what a FAB thread - I can remember nearly every single theme tune and sang to them!! he he

It brings back great memories of sitting down as a family and watching the programmes. Tinged with a little sadness for me as my Dad, God rest his soul, died young at the age of 48, but what a great time we had back then laughing at some of them, particularly seeing the wires on the Thunderbirds puppets. lol There are not many programmes these days whereby the whole family can sit down and watch them together.

It also brought back good memories of sitting down with Dad on a Saturday afternoon, having had our fish and chips from Beckets at Manor Top for lunch and watching the wrestling. :rolleyes:

What memories Suzy! Dad used to love watching the Scrambling on Saturday afternoons, which they call Motocross now, we would all sit round, the lounge room all steamy from the washing drying around the fire, mum doing the ironing, watching all these blokes on motor bikes ride around a mud-bound farmers' field, nearly always in the rain. Then us kids would go out and kick the football as Dad watched the snooker on the black and white telly!

What memories Suzy! Dad used to love watching the Scrambling on Saturday afternoons, which they call Motocross now, we would all sit round, the lounge room all steamy from the washing drying around the fire, mum doing the ironing, watching all these blokes on motor bikes ride around a mud-bound farmers' field, nearly always in the rain. Then us kids would go out and kick the football as Dad watched the snooker on the black and white telly!

Happy Days THYLACINE lol And once again a big thanks to Stuart for beginning this thread.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_uvsKpXszs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_uvsKpXszs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I Love Lucy from the 1950's (perhaps Vox remembers this :) )

Hang on a minute, me and you remember it. It may have started in the 1950's but went all the way through to the end of the 1960's

Parts 1 to 3 of Sgt Bilko - New Recruit (1955)

OK so one of Phil Silvers characters was "Sgt. Bilko", his best known and best remembered roll.

Where would Top Cat (or "Boss Cat") and Benny be without Bilko and Dobermann, - totally lost for conversation.

But Phil silvers also had another 1960's TV series in which he played a similar sort of character to Bilko but a civilian who worked in a factory, - used to fiddle his time sheet by winding the hands of the clocking in clock back before clocking in, that sort of thing.

Anyone else remember it?

If so what was it called and what was Phil silvers character called?

My memory fails me here as it was never as popular as Bilko

I Love Lucy from the 1950's (perhaps Vox remembers this :) )

Certainly do Stuart. Whol family always watched it. :)

I've put that on my "to do list" to watch at sometime.

Lucille Ball & Dezi Arnaz

They were Lucy and Ricki and their neighbors Fred & Ethel.

I think it became just "The Lucy Show" after that. Not as good.

Parts 1 to 3 of Sgt Bilko - New Recruit (1955)

Without doubt one of the all time greats of TV sitcoms.

For me it rates alongside Steptoe and Rising Damp.

As with I Love Lucy, it was compulsive family viewing in our house.