Lost Sheffield Theatres

RichardB

Just bought "Lost Sheffield Theatres", hope to find some new information.

Great book written by Bryen Hillerby a very good friend of mine. I helped him in the research on this book (R.L.Roper) and am credited on page 176. Hope you enjoy reading it.

Great book written by Bryen Hillerby a very good friend of mine. I helped him in the research on this book (R.L.Roper) and am credited on page 176. Hope you enjoy reading it.

Could we request permission to post information/pictures from the book please ? One of our best and much loved members passed away recently and was our Champion of things-cinematic (he was a Champion of many things but had a special interest in Cinemas/Theatres).

Could we request permission to post information/pictures from the book please ? One of our best and much loved members passed away recently and was our Champion of things-cinematic (he was a Champion of many things but had a special interest in Cinemas/Theatres).

Hi Richard

I will contact Bryen to ask him and let you know in due course.

Richard (abcman)

Guest DougDunn

Hiya,

I am hoping to set up a new theatre company in Sheffield, and I have been told about the old Sheffield Playhouse, in particular of a play about the Apprentices of Sheffield in the 19th century, performed in the mid 1960's. I would very much appreciate any information you can give me.

Thanks,

Doug