Places Where I Have Lived

Guest andydeda

Scotsmen do it all the time apparently.

Except they don't call it a skirt.

Very true, but this looked like something from C & A, he was a big bloke and it was quite scary!

Where did he disappear to?

To find out look at the maps in the British Museum, - he may have just done what he was paid to do and gone looking for the treasure.

He can't come back home can he without facing a serious criminal charge concerning his girlfriend.

He took the money and ran! I vaguely remember tv and radio reports about him dissappearing. I think he was featured on Calendar.

Strange chap with a black beard, he did actually look like a pirate!

A strange place for me too Mark

My job at the time had me traveling all over the country at all hours of the day and night. I did a lot of kipping in the van in pub car parks so I didn't spend much time in the YMCA really. It was somewhere to keep my clothes and have a bath.

The reason I'd ended up there was because I'd been stopping with friends for a while and thought I should get out of their hair. The wife of the bloke I worked for thought the YMCA was the ideal place for me so, not wanting to be in bad favor with my employer, I reluctantly moved in. :(

After a couple of months I guessed I'd been there long enough to show appreciation for helping me out, so I dared to find myself the first of a string of bedsits.