Photoshop

RichardB

Got some images in Photoshop but no Photoshop software installed. Any ideas please ? Conversion/viewers/saving as a different format ??

Love

Confused.

Got some images in Photoshop but no Photoshop software installed. Any ideas please ? Conversion/viewers/saving as a different format ??

Love

Confused.

Email um to me, or you could try Irfanview

Love

Confused.

There are other pieces of software which can open Adobe Photoshop .psd files.

GIMP is free, and should be able to open photoshop files.

COREL and ACDSee both make programmes which are not free which will open photoshop files, - worth trying if you already have either of these already installed on your system, otherwise you would need to buy them.

Although all of these can open photoshop they will open only as an image and not as the original photoshop 2layers" so they can no longer be edited as seperate layers (but of course the whole image can still be edited in any way that the software being used allows. Also all of these programmes will then be able to let you resave the image in an alternative formet, e.g. JPG

The later versions of SERIF PhotoPlus (versions X2 and X3) claim to be able to open photoshop files as the seperate layers and so should be able to manipulate the opened image in exactly the same way as photoshop itself as the layers have been preserved and also has the option to save also with the layers preserved either as a photoshop or serif photoplus file.

There are other pieces of software which can open Adobe Photoshop .psd files.

GIMP is free, and should be able to open photoshop files.

COREL and ACDSee both make programmes which are not free which will open photoshop files, - worth trying if you already have either of these already installed on your system, otherwise you would need to buy them.

Although all of these can open photoshop they will open only as an image and not as the original photoshop 2layers" so they can no longer be edited as seperate layers (but of course the whole image can still be edited in any way that the software being used allows. Also all of these programmes will then be able to let you resave the image in an alternative formet, e.g. JPG

The later versions of SERIF PhotoPlus (versions X2 and X3) claim to be able to open photoshop files as the seperate layers and so should be able to manipulate the opened image in exactly the same way as photoshop itself as the layers have been preserved and also has the option to save also with the layers preserved either as a photoshop or serif photoplus file.

.psd files will open in Quick time picture viewer

.psd files will open in Quick time picture viewer

As this is a "viewer" (and a free one from Apple at that)

Will it let you just view the files only, or can it then resave them in a different format (.JPG) so that any other image editing software could open it and actually use it or do something with it?

I get the impression that Richard wants to do something more with these pictures than just look at them on a computer screen.

Love

Confused.

Thanks to one and all, not sure I like the sound of Gimp software though !

Gimp, reminds me of a shop I saw in Nimes last week, Mrs 0742 would not let me look in the window lol

Why is it Richard that you always think I am making these names up when they are names that were developed within the LINUX system.

You didn't believe that seamonkey and Iceweasel were web browsers like FireFox and Internet Explorer

Now you don't think GIMP is a photo handling program lol

Take a look at the link, download and install, try it out for yourself

GIMP

Gimp, reminds me of a shop I saw in Nimes last week, Mrs 0742 would not let me look in the window lol

Is it like those shops I found in Holland last August, - MrsH didn't let me look through the window either lol

Irfanview is cheap and cheerfull (free) and easy to use

and a small download size of just 1.3 MB.

It will covert most common image file types to other formats.

Just one word of caution, make a copy of the file first then convert

so as not to overwrite

Irfanview is cheap and cheerfull (free) and easy to use

and a small download size of just 1.3 MB.

It will covert most common image file types to other formats.

Just one word of caution, make a copy the file first then convert

so as not to overwrite

Thanks Steve, I forgot to mention Irfan as I wasn't sure if it did photoshop format or not but as you say it will do most formats so it probably will.

...and if it doesn't it won't have cost anything to try and it is a nice, useful utility to have anyway

Email um to me, or you could try Irfanview

Thanks Steve, I forgot to mention Irfan as I wasn't sure if it did photoshop format or not but as you say it will do most formats so it probably will.

...and if it doesn't it won't have cost anything to try and it is a nice, useful utility to have anyway

Haven't I made mention to Irfanview a bit back,

and yes it will do PSD files .. :rolleyes:

Is it not in "Steve's Top 5 Software" or something like that lol

You have mentioned it several times and I'm just to dumb to have taken notice or to have installed it.

Always had a problem with images/graphics - never had the self-belief that I could work it out - just contented myself with looking for stuff, always hoping someone out there was willing/able to help. Sorry.

Images part of the unpostable 1942 short film stuff (copyright, recent release Dylan Thomas).