Manor friends 1958 to 1966

Guest Manor Lass

Guest Manor Lass

I lived on Archdale road Manor and am searching for some old friends. The people i am looking for were called Ann(e) Thompson and Kathleen Lambert, is there anyone out there with any knowledge of these people.

I lived on Archdale road Manor and am searching for some old friends. The people i am looking for were called Ann(e) Thompson and Kathleen Lambert, is there anyone out there with any knowledge of these people.

Welcome to Sheffield History Manor Lass.

There are a few of us on the site from that era and from that area of the City so lets hope someone can help you further with this request for help.

Unfortunately it is just a little bit early for me (only a few years mind) and I'm really more of an Arbourthorne Lad, not a Manor lass. lol

Guest Manor Lass

Welcome to Sheffield History Manor Lass.

There are a few of us on the site from that era and from that area of the City so lets hope someone can help you further with this request for help.

Unfortunately it is just a little bit early for me (only a few years mind) and I'm really more of an Arbourthorne Lad, not a Manor lass. lol

Thanks for the message. I will keep my fingers crossed, and hope for the best.

Welcome Manor Lass, alas I'm a Walkley Lad in long exile; hopefully we can find an old local with an intact memory for you :rolleyes: - Good Luck, keep us posted.

Welcome Manor Lass, alas I'm a Walkley Lad in long exile; hopefully we can find an old local with an intact memory for you :rolleyes: - Good Luck, keep us posted.

Manor Lass, Arbourthorne Lad and Walkley Lad in exile :blink:

Sounds like a team of local super heros lol

Hi David H 

I have been monerting the site with a strong interest and emensly enjoyed reading the material.  My knowledge of Sheffield is limited to some degree as I left the UK in 1967 to Australia.  I certainly have a good memory Norfolk my old school from 3 years to 15 years old.  I remember all the teachers and parts of the school being demolished.  I lived at 623 Eastbank Rd, and 926 City Rd  Manor top. I am 2 years older than yourself and my last teacher was man Pearce.

I think I read somewhere you mentioned your cousin to be Catherine Sneezby, if so, she was in the same class as my sister Susan Fletcher or in the same hockey team.   She might know Kathleen Lambert the Manor lass  as I have heard of her name before. 

I have done well for myself after leaving school especially from Norfolk but in saying that I loved everyday of it.  I have been back in UK for 12 months but heading to Aust soon, I travel around to different places and kind of disappear from time to time, however I will endeavor to have more imput regardless on where I am.