Regents on the 95 Walkley Route

s6lad

I dont suppose any of you fine people have photos of this operation particularly Barber Road & Commonside. I have fond memories from the mid 70s, on a saturday afternoon, of sitting on the green telecoms cabinet outside the Old Bank (now P&A Jewellry) waiting for my Postman grandad arriving on the bus from work.

On the brow of the hill he (and many others) used to step off the rear platorm, I suppose that one or two came a cropper over the years.

I spent hours sat waiting for him over time not realising until later in years that after work he used to have a couple of sneaky pints in the Penny Black :rolleyes:

Any photo would bring back great memories.

many thanks in advance.

Guest transit

I dont suppose any of you fine people have photos of this operation particularly Barber Road & Commonside. I have fond memories from the mid 70s, on a saturday afternoon, of sitting on the green telecoms cabinet outside the Old Bank (now P&A Jewellry) waiting for my Postman grandad arriving on the bus from work.

On the brow of the hill he (and many others) used to step off the rear platorm, I suppose that one or two came a cropper over the years.

I spent hours sat waiting for him over time not realising until later in years that after work he used to have a couple of sneaky pints in the Penny Black :rolleyes:

Any photo would bring back great memories.

many thanks in advance.

..a pic here of Regents on the 95 route, but at the Intake end , just above the Terminus.

Guest bus man

The 95 was of course the last route to use rear entrance Regent V's , as the final journey was from Commercial Street to Intake before the bus then run light (with autherised passengers) to leadmill where it was refuelled before the final Regent V tour that evening

Hello s6lad

Photo of Barber Road going towards Commonside/Steel Bank. I've got the date 1/04/1956 which is a bit earlier than you were wanting, but the geography will be the same

Keep them coming, the Barber Road tram shot is a fantastic picture, I've never seen that one before.

There was a lovley painting done of a tram coming over the brow of the hill from Barber Road into Commonside in the snow.

Many thanks to everyone for your efforts.

Thanks Transit

Unfortunately I haven't got any photos of Regents or trams - before my time with a camera! There are some good shots of trams on the Walkley route on the Crich Tramway Village website photographic collection. Not surprisingly, the Walkley route is famous: There has been an article on it in a recent Tramway Review (No 219, September 2009) and one in Buses Yearbook 1995 about the bus route.