1881 Census Address

Guest Touche

I have relatives in the 1881 census who lived at 5 Court 10 Oxford Road. Does anyone know where Oxford Road was?

Quoting Hugh Waterhouse from May 2002

Oxford Rd is listed in White's 1898 directory. It is not in the 1901 street index.

Rootweb Source

PictureSheffield 1960's 104-112 Oxford Street, Upperthorpe Note : Oxford Street, not Road ...

Another in the snow Note : Oxford Street, not Road.

Map 30 showing Oxford Street [i was rather hoping that would take me to map 30 ...]

Brilliant finds Steve and Richard - blimey you must have the eyes of a hawk to have seen that one! It matches exactly with other members of the family so a big thank you to both of you. Could I beg a big ask? Clarence Street? I think it would be in the sameish area. Any ideas? I apologise for the extra work but my eyesight ain't as good anymore.

Much appreciated Touche

Brilliant finds Steve and Richard - blimey you must have the eyes of a hawk to have seen that one! It matches exactly with other members of the family so a big thank you to both of you. Could I beg a big ask? Clarence Street? I think it would be in the sameish area. Any ideas? I apologise for the extra work but my eyesight ain't as good anymore.

Much appreciated Touche

'Clarence Street'

Broomhall St to Ecclesall Rd

Most of it can also be seen on O/S map #272

(we don't have an O/S with the bottom part on)

Link to .. map#272