Deep Regret

student nurse

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

As the majority of members on Sheffield History know, my dad is tsavo, one of the administrators.

It is with deep regret that i have to let you all know that dad passed away in the Hallamshire hospital in Sheffield on Saturday 24th October 2009 at 11.30am, aged 67.

thanks student nurse

May I join with other members if saying how sorry I was the hear of the news about tsavo. My apologies for being late with this response, but I have only just seen the note.

This was a real shock and so very sad to hear. I spent a lot of time with Lawrence on the pub chronicles and regarded him as a friend. I send all my respects to his family and know this site is a little poorer without his input. RIP Lawrence

This was a real shock and so very sad to hear. I spent a lot of time with Lawrence on the pub chronicles and regarded him as a friend. I send all my respects to his family and know this site is a little poorer without his input. RIP Lawrence

Your input to the site is/was much appreciated Dobberd. Tsavo and you were the first to believe the madman that said the Pubs list could be fabulous; the maps followed, lots of other stuff has fallen into place since then and the site is much the better for it (check out the threads) - but without you and Tsavo and your initial input - I doubt we would be where we are right now.

If you are back, then Welcome back, take your time to catch up, then, if you wish join in again, chip in, or PM me and we will talk; Lord knows, we've lost the best there was and could do with some help of the quality we know you can do.

The tiny wife and I attended Lawrence's funeral and met his family - lovely people - SheffieldHistory was represented.

If you are just passing though, it's been nice to see you.

Richard.Brant@Gmail.com

Guest plain talker

I haven't been around much, lately, and I am deeply saddened (and shocked) to hear about Tsavo's passing.

To echo what others said, he will be sorely missed, as will his knowledge and his wisdom.

His posts were always informative and entertaining.

Many apologies for this late contribution.

PT

As the majority of members on Sheffield History know, my dad is tsavo, one of the administrators.

It is with deep regret that i have to let you all know that dad passed away in the Hallamshire hospital in Sheffield on Saturday 24th October 2009 at 11.30am, aged 67.

thanks student nurse

Thank you so much to everyone on sheffield history who replied to my posting about dads (tsavo) death. It meant so much to us all to know how popular he was. Our thanks also to RichardB who with his wife attended dads funeral. Thank you once again student nurse.