Deep Regret

student nurse

As the majority of members on Sheffield History know, my dad is tsavo, one of the administrators.

It is with deep regret that i have to let you all know that dad passed away in the Hallamshire hospital in Sheffield on Saturday 24th October 2009 at 11.30am, aged 67.

thanks student nurse

As the majority of members on Sheffield History know, my dad is tsavo, one of the administrators. It is with deep regret that i have to let you all know that dad passed away in the Hallamshire hospital in Sheffield on Saturdat 24th October 2009 at 11.30am, aged 67.

thanks student nurse

My thoughts are with you and your family, a very sad loss indeed. W/E.

I'm very shocked to hear this student nurse,

but I thank you for sharing this very sad news with our members.

RIP tsavo, and god bless you and your family.

Steve

As readers of "A Quite Difficult Question" will know Tsavo and me were great friends and traded many "well-meaning" comments.

I'm deeply saddened and send our Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family from Pat (the tiny wife) and me.

I am very saddened by this news

Tsavo (Lawrence) was the person who started the thread that drew me in to Sheffield History in the first place (Sheffield Hurricane 1962), and who put a request for information and pictures which inspired me to make my first post (Carlton Cinema thread).

Without Tsavo providing this enthusiasm I would not be here posting on Sheffield History today.

In the postings I have made since in which Tsavo has been involved he was always very helpful, polite and a true gentleman.

I will miss his very knowledgable responses in the cinemas thread.

But at this time my thoughts are with his family. I did not realise that student nurse was Tsavo's daughter but may I offer my deepest sympathy to you and his family.

With deep regret,

DaveH

I would like to add my condolences.

I never had the privilege to meet Tsavo but he came across as a true gent.

RIP

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Stuart

Guest carlie167

I was so shocked to hear this news, I always thought of Tsavo as one of the mainstays of the forum, and a very interesting poster.

My thoughts and sympathies go to his family at this difficult time.

He will be missed.

I am deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Tsavo.A real gent who was full of wisdom and understanding.God be with you,Tsavo.

As the majority of members on Sheffield History know, my dad is tsavo, one of the administrators.

It is with deep regret that i have to let you all know that dad passed away in the Hallamshire hospital in Sheffield on Saturday 24th October 2009 at 11.30am, aged 67.

thanks student nurse

Throughout our many PM's and posts I always referred to to Tsavo as "The Boss" this amused and annoyed him massively.

To me he was "The Boss" not a man who told you what to do; a man that encouraged you to do what you did to the best of your ability, a man that supported you in every way in what you did, the man that welcomed everyone to the Site, helped everyone along the way; the man that responded to my Difficult Questions and the first person to believe me when I said the Pubs lists would become a world's best kind of posting ...

God Bless you Lawrence, you kept me sane and focused (as much as that was possible) - God Bless your family at this time ... for now, I'm lost and lonely without you but I'll try my best to keep the old place ticking along as best as I can without you.

Goodbye old friend, you'll be truely missed.

thanks student nurse

Moved here - out of respect.

Lawrence and I had a great rapport going with each other. Both been Ex Pats we quite often traded stories about things we missed (hendersons relish been the number one) and the pros and cons of living overseas. My condolences go out to Shryl and the rest of the family at this sad time.

Very sad news indeed. I always looked forward to his comments, and more to the point his assistance he gave me on some of my questions. He will be badly missed by all members of the forum.

Many thanks for all the condolences and kind words. Dad loved this site and encouraged us to 'have a look'. He will be sadly missed by us all.

So sad. I add my condolences and echo the sentiments expressed by my fellow Sheffield Historians.

Requiescat in pace.