Bruce Dickinson....

Guest fredmciverslovechild

Guest fredmciverslovechild

....met Bruce following the Maiden gig at Earl's Court just before Christmas. Quite an interesting gig seeing as he had to improvise on stage for nearly half an hour after the sound system failed!

Anyhow, was amazed to find that he went to KES in about 1970 at exactly the time when I was there. It could have been him who was next to me when I was smoking in the backs....

Genuinely nice guy (as are all of Maiden) and he's given me a backstage invite for their next "proper" tour next year....

• 10 years later...

Bruce's younger sister Helena was a famous show jumper in the 1980s. She represented Great Britain, then married a German. Since then she has competed for Germany.

• 1 month later...

One of his many talents is fencing (the sport, not putting up garden stuff) and an interest in Medieval re-enactments. A few times when he's been in the Sheffield area he's been known to join in at local group practices, my eldest son (6 years old at the time) 'practised' with him back in the 90's, really nice guy!