Bruce Dickinson....

Guest fredmciverslovechild

Guest fredmciverslovechild

C4nsZFGxt3XvoS74dJdsvG.jpg

....met Bruce following the Maiden gig at Earl's Court just before Christmas. Quite an interesting gig seeing as he had to improvise on stage for nearly half an hour after the sound system failed!

Anyhow, was amazed to find that he went to KES in about 1970 at exactly the time when I was there. It could have been him who was next to me when I was smoking in the backs....

Genuinely nice guy (as are all of Maiden) and he's given me a backstage invite for their next "proper" tour next year....

Bruce's younger sister Helena was a famous show jumper in the 1980s. She represented Great Britain, then married a German. Since then she has competed for Germany.

One of his many talents is fencing (the sport, not putting up garden stuff) and an interest in Medieval re-enactments. A few times when he's been in the Sheffield area he's been known to join in at local group practices, my eldest son (6 years old at the time) 'practised' with him back in the 90's, really nice guy!

Paul Bruce Dickinson was born on 7 August 1958 in Worksop, Nottinghamshire.

His mother, Sonia, worked part-time in a shoe shop, and his father, Bruce, was a mechanic in the British Army. His birth hurried the young couple, who were then just teenagers, into marriage. Initially, he was brought up by his grandparents; his grandfather was a coal-face worker at the local colliery, and his grandmother was a housewife. This is referred to in his song "Born In '58" from the album Tattooed Millionaire. Dickinson started school at Manton Primary in Worksop while his parents moved away to Sheffield.

Soon afterwards, when he was six, he was also despatched to Sheffield, where he attended a primary school in Manor Top.

After six months, his parents decided to move him to a small private school called Sharrow Vale Junior.

Due to constant moving, Dickinson states that this period of his life taught him to be self-reliant as he was unable to make close friends. Dickinson has a younger sister, professional showjumper Helena Stormanns, who was born in 1963.  He tried to isolate himself from her as much as he could when he was young, supposedly out of spite because she, unlike him, was a planned pregnancy and birth.