Google Camera

Stuart0742

Have you ever wondered what the Google SV camera looked like.

Courtesy of Google SV

No mention to the UFO in the background then.

:)

Oh yes, I did see that :P

Posts #4 and #5 are identical Stuart, and seem to be posted at the same time.

Are you having the same problems I was having earlier in the week?

Did the post take several minutes to upload?

This problem did eventually sort itself out for me along with that other problem I had with my avitar appearing alongside RichardB's posts.

Courtesy of Google SV

Getting your own shadow in the picture is considered "poor photography"

But if you are driving around every single street in Sheffield with a rotating camera taking pictures in all directions and doing it to a strict time schedule I suppose this sort of thing can't easily be avoided.

No mention to the UFO in the background then.

:)

The UFO appears to be a hot air balloon.

There are several of these which seem to overfly the city regularly.

Could it be this one?

Photo taken at Intake in 2007

the other one which is commonly seen in this area is a red one which says Virgin (the logo of Richard Bransons company) on it.

Posts #4 and #5 are identical Stuart, and seem to be posted at the same time.

Are you having the same problems I was having earlier in the week?

Did the post take several minutes to upload?

This problem did eventually sort itself out for me along with that other problem I had with my avitar appearing alongside RichardB's posts.

Posts #4 & #5 look different to me and a minute apart

Sorry, its #3 and #4 NOT #4 and #5

Me getting it wrong because I couldn't see the post numbers while typing it in. :blink:

Sorry, its #3 and #4 NOT #4 and #5

Me getting it wrong because I couldn't see the post numbers while typing it in. :blink:

Looks ok now to me lol

Looks ok now to me lol

Well edited!

Aren't you going to put that grey box into the remaining post, the one that says

Reason for edit, - Duplicate post removed

Anybody else found strange things on Google SV

If this is the Google SV car,

what's it doing on the supertram track on High Street?

Courtesy of Google SV

Courtesy of Google SV

Google Tram View! lol

Courtesy of Google SV

I think they've done a good job here.

The view of high street that you get from the tram track is better than the one you would have got from High Street itself, what with all those bus stops.

Google must have done a deal with Supertram to do this.

Courtesy of Google SV

They look like this.

And here's a picture which will probably only amuse those of us who understand html

For those who don't: Search engines like Google, use Robots or Spiders which automatically look at all websites in order to list them in their search results.

A Robots Text File is a piece of html which you write into your website code.

This code tells the Robot either to cache a particular portion of your site or not to do so.

In effect this piece of "joke code" says "photo everything but not the bedroom". lol

They look like this.

While Google were filming the street view images a photo like this of the Google Street View Car appeared in the newspapers under the headline

COMING SOON TO A STREET NEAR YOU

The paper didn't actually say anything about the car or the camera, only that in some areas, usually rich, posh, snobby ones (so that rules out Sheffield then) the residents were up in arms and were preventing access of the Google car to their street because they didn't want their house (not themselves or their car, which would have been "blurred out" anyway, but their house) to appear on Google Street because it would "encourage burglary and other crime" in the area.

They were going to take legal action against Google claiming that Google were infringing their human rights

Since when has taking a photograph of a street scene been a criminal offence?

While Google were filming the street view images a photo like this of the Google Street View Car appeared in the newspapers under the headline

COMING SOON TO A STREET NEAR YOU

The paper didn't actually say anything about the car or the camera, only that in some areas, usually rich, posh, snobby ones (so that rules out Sheffield then) the residents were up in arms and were preventing access of the Google car to their street because they didn't want their house (not themselves or their car, which would have been "blurred out" anyway, but their house) to appear on Google Street because it would "encourage burglary and other crime" in the area.

They were going to take legal action against Google claiming that Google were infringing their human rights

Since when has taking a photograph of a street scene been a criminal offence?

It must be over 20 years now that I read in the Star someone was causing a spot of bother in Grenoside. I think one of the local residents had a light aircraft and had been taking photos of the village as he flew over. Not only that, he had the bright idea of framing these photos and going around the village selling them until one or two of the residents complained to the police. Anyone remember what the outcome was ?

It must be over 20 years now that I read in the Star someone was causing a spot of bother in Grenoside. I think one of the local residents had a light aircraft and had been taking photos of the village as he flew over. Not only that, he had the bright idea of framing these photos and going around the village selling them until one or two of the residents complained to the police. Anyone remember what the outcome was ?

No, but I have a picture of my own house at Intake taken about the same time, probably a bit less 10 -15 years ago but definately pre Google by a guy with a light aircraft, a camera and a good business sense who came around selling them.

Its a good picture and I can't see any harm in it or that any criminal offence has been committeed by doing this unless there is deliberate intent to snoop, stalk, harass or spy on someone and the pictures are too broad and general for that.

google image

The Google software has missed those 2 faces, It has blurred one guys hand to stop identification lol

The Google software has missed those 2 faces, It has blurred one guys hand to stop identification lol

He is wearing a gold ring that came out of the skip,

that's why it's been blurred.

Why didn't he get the pair of Victorian Balloon Backs??

I might have a look to see if the skip's still there. lol

I have a friend who ran a skip business for a while and he says that there are 2 types of people with skips.

1) THOSE WHO FILL THEM UP FOR YOU

You know, YOU order and pay for the skip, its in front of YOUR house and yet all these people come scurrying around at night or while you're not looking to put THEIR rubbish in YOUR skip. :angry:

2) THOSE WHO EMPTY THEM FOR YOU

So you've got your skip and you fill it up with your rubbish and its stuck outside your house for a while until the skip man collects it. Meanwhile an assortment of scroungers, scrap merchants, rag and bone men, gypsies, tramps and thieves and people who take a look and say "fancy throwing that out, that's as good as new, I could use that" and then help themselves all come along and practically empty the skip for you. :o

IN SUMMARY (some good advice for the people of Leeds currently suffering a binmen's strike)

Don't bother paying good money for a skip, just dump your rubbish at the end of your drive, someone will come along and add a bit more to it but then someone else will come and take it away again. lol

I have just noticed that Google Street view coverage has increased around Sheffield and Rotherham

Just found my house I was not in lol

They look like this.

Looks impressive, but I saw the one that did our road, and it looked more like one of those old big box cameras on a wooden tripod on a roof rack!