Two icons of the 60's pass away

THYLACINE

Sad to hear about the deaths last month of folk music legend Mary Travers (Peter, Paul and Mary) and Keith Waterhouse. This is how his death was reported in our local paper. He had a column in one of the daily's, I used to rock with laughter reading it. Was it in the Star? I never knew he had a hand in writing Whistle Down The Wind, I should have known, it is probably my all-time favourite film. By the way, does anyone else go weak at the knees just at the mention of Julie Christie's name? Can someone please tell me if she appeared in 'Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush' which I saw at a small cinema on High Street a long time ago.

Sad to hear about the deaths last month of folk music legend Mary Travers (Peter, Paul and Mary) and Keith Waterhouse. This is how his death was reported in our local paper. He had a column in one of the daily's, I used to rock with laughter reading it. Was it in the Star? I never knew he had a hand in writing Whistle Down The Wind, I should have known, it is probably my all-time favourite film. By the way, does anyone else go weak at the knees just at the mention of Julie Christie's name? Can someone please tell me if she appeared in 'Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush' which I saw at a small cinema on High Street a long time ago.

'Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush' was Judy Geeson Phil.

Traffic did the theme song to the film.

Funnily enough, me and my 6 year old daughter have just been watching the first series of "Worzel Gummidge" which Keith co-wrote, and she loved it as much as I did when I was a kid. Goes to show that quality lasts.