WHATS ON!!!!

mickjj

Cinema listings for October 2nd 1962

Any photoshop experts feel free to clean this up

Nice post thanks mickjj

As a side note if anyone wants to post large scans such as newpaper pages, I have access to an A3 scanner, and would be pleased to scan anything for use on the forum.

Guest tsavo

That brings back memories, Mick. Just how much did you take to Canada if you had room for old editions of the Star?

You also got the edition announcing the opening of Studio 7, the successor of the Wicker Cinema!

That brings back memories, Mick. Just how much did you take to Canada if you had room for old editions of the Star?

You also got the edition announcing the opening of Studio 7, the successor of the Wicker Cinema!

Well spotted about the Studio 7 ad, as far as the amount of "stuff" (Missus says "junk") I brought a fair bit. I have just bought a new scanner so have started looking through it all so look out for more in the near future.

Is it me or was there more to do back then than there is now with twice as many people?

Don't forget there were only two TV channels back then both in black & white. Most families would go to the local cinema once a week (and if you were lucky get threepeneth of chips with scrap on way home) as there were no Sky movie channels to watch at home.

Don't forget there were only two TV channels back then both in black & white. Most families would go to the local cinema once a week (and if you were lucky get threepeneth of chips with scrap on way home) as there were no Sky movie channels to watch at home.

Yep - back in those days people went to the cinema regualr as clockwork, usually not bothering to find out what was on beforehand, they just used to go and if the movies were no good, just walked out or stuck it out and waited to see what the second feature was any good. Back then it was continous performance, so if you arrived late and missed the beginning of a film you just stayed in your seats and waited for it to start over again.