Seeking Edwards Pottery receipt, invoice for pots,china for book cover

Guest potty edwards

Guest potty edwards

Hi

I'm writing a book about my family- they used to sell pottery and china in the old rag and tag market. I'm doing the final edit and we have been looking for an old invoice with lettering for the cover which is somewhere at home. Sod's law, we can't find it. Does anyone out there have an old receipt with old lettering please which they could loan me for a photograph? It probably says J.W Edwards or J and M Edwards, referring to my Uncle Bill or My Dad, Mick who had stalls in the old rag and tag and auctioned china from 1950-s to 70s. Bill worked in the new sheaf market in the 1970s. Any help much appreciated. You can contact me through this site first if you can help. It's also possible there may be receipts with A Edwards too- Arthur senior or junior.

Many thanks

M. Lockwood-Edwards

(POTTY EDWARDS)

Guest potty edwards

Hi there

Thanks very much for looking. I have seen those photos before and have copies.

If anyone has any good photos which aren't copyright of the Council they could be useful too. I've got quite a few I'm aiming to use. I have no photo of my Dad pitching, some of his brother Bill as in photo links you kindly sent. Another of Bill attached. Pic of my Dad too if anyone recognises him and may have any photos of him pitching in his younger days.

Thanks

Hi there

Thanks very much for looking. I have seen those photos before and have copies.

If anyone has any good photos which aren't copyright of the Council they could be useful too. I've got quite a few I'm aiming to use. I have no photo of my Dad pitching, some of his brother Bill as in photo links you kindly sent. Another of Bill attached. Pic of my Dad too if anyone recognises him and may have any photos of him pitching in his younger days.

Thanks

Hi

Nothing to give to you...just my memories!

If I remember correctly the Edwards stall was in the "new" Sheaf Market....entrance off haymarket you turned left and at top of that first aisle their stall was the corner one? quite large that I remember...

As I am a "youngster" as such...I do remember that stall, and also remember my mum talking about " best pots you get are from there" (or words to that effect!) Must ask her is she remembers em ...her memory aint what it used to be lol

I think it was Archie Hull who demolished the old Lockwood & Edwards building on Penistone Road, my mate sliced his upper arm on a piece of glass there, made a talking point in the pub at the time.