Truelove's Gutter

dunsbyowl1867

Have a read of this the last bit in particular (Sing a song of Sheffield) and see if you recognise the place. The photo at the beginning also seems to have been shot to show the place in the worst possible light. (Rant over! :angry: )

Have a read of this the last bit in particular (Sing a song of Sheffield) and see if you recognise the place. The photo at the beginning also seems to have been shot to show the place in the worst possible light. (Rant over! :angry: )

I'ts not that bad Peter is it?

Funny old world - when I was at school my mum arranged for me to have guitar lessons on a Saturday lunchtime with a cheeky little lad called Richard, given by his dad, Dave Hawley, in the back room of St Cuthbert's Social Club, Firvale.

Anyway I just about managed to learn "Singing the Blues" before I decided it wasn't for me. Richard obviously kept at it. ;-)

Fast forward 14 years and Richard Hawley is still doing his bit for Sheffield!

The words and music seleted from his portfolio of albums are going down a storm in London, with some great performances of his songs by the cast of the hit show "Standing at the Sky's Edge"

Here's the brilliant performance of Coles Corner by Faith Amole.

https://youtu.be/AQKp997XHDs

• Like 2