Sheffield Car Dealerships

Stuart0742

At the bottom of Twenty Well Lane on the opposite side to Dore and Totley Station is Mercia Motors which deal in quality second hand cars. Prior to this it was Jeep main dealers which I think was part of the Hadfield's group. I've no idea who it belonged to prior to Jeep.

Wazzie Worrall

It’s hosted various dealerships.

It was TC Harrison’s in the early 70s and I can remember going there to look at a Renault in the 80s so I guess it was someone else then 

On 25/09/2019 at 11:46, Paul Worrall said:

At the bottom of Twenty Well Lane on the opposite side to Dore and Totley Station is Mercia Motors which deal in quality second hand cars. Prior to this it was Jeep main dealers which I think was part of the Hadfield's group. I've no idea who it belonged to prior to Jeep.

Wazzie Worrall

It was Bookless Brothers, a Standard Cars dealer in 1924.  Still there in the 1960s.

835846655_BooklessBrothers1939.jpg.1c4c0e90fdde9dabd833296bd7b6aeb0.jpg

T.C. "Cuth" Harrison raced a 12 year old supercharged E.R.A. finishing in sixth position at the European Grand Prix in Monza in 1949, and he won the RAC Trials Championship twice in the 1950s.

Hi Edmund,

That's a great clip. According to my 1954 Kelly's Directory it was Brookless Brothers then. I also have a vague memory of it being a branch of TC Harrisons in the 70's, was it their second hand dealership?

Wazzie Worrall