Sheffield Made

RichardB

Well, this one is a knife, obviously, anyone got any ideas about the date of manufacture, or know anything of the Company; some postings will be well known, some less so ... more to come ...

Details :

William Rodgers "I CUT MY WAY" on one side of blade

MADE IN SHEFFIELD

ENGLAND on the other side.

• Like 1

Thos Temporal, pair of knives, plain wooden handles.

The longer one says "Thos Temporal Sheffield" and T.T Special on the blade (other side blank)

Shorter one says "Thos Temporal Sheffield" and Diamond Edge on the blade (other side blank)

Whale Trademark knife, wooden handle, beautiful feel to it.

Blade says "SHEFFIELD MADE" and "MADE IN SHEFFIELD ENGLAND" on one side.

Other side has a Whale trademark.

Note notch near base of blade, and pointed tip.

Probably the oldest one I have, any info. gratefully received (especially if you can tell me where I put that list of trademarks, only noticed the whale whilst scanning this object)

What can I post?

You can discuss and argue about almost anything, so long as it's vaguely relevant to the forum you post in and doesn't fall into any of the categories below. You don't have to be politically correct, but you must maintain a minimum standard of behavior.

What can't I post?

Any content that is:

* obscene

* illegal

* threatening

* malicious

* defamatory

* spam

This applies to your username and other customizable fields, any messages you write, images you post, or any other content you upload or link to Sheffield History. If you do, your account will be deleted. See the site's Terms & Conditions for details.

Also prohibited is the practice of "griefing." Griefing is posting with the primary aim of annoying or upsetting other people. If you do this, the game moderators may take action against you.

Mass murderers are more than welcome.

-------------------------------------------------

From Guidelines and Etiquette

Mawhood "Instrument", not sure quite what to call this item, quite heavy, someone loved it enough to put their name on it !

We'll add the big about mass murderers to the guidelines !

lol

Actually - it's just inspired me (indirectly) to think that we maybe should have a thread dedicated to Sheffield crime and famous criminals ?

Great pics by the way - keep them coming !

W A Colley knife, posted this once already, but I can't see it, so here it is again.

W A Colley Warranted Cutlery Sheffield

Southern & Richardson, Sheffield. Beautiful feel to the handle, also, quite usefully it says "Knife" on the blade !

Venture H M Slater. Plain wooden handle, very sharp, blade is nicely mounted, perfectly flush to the handle.

Southern & Richardson, Sheffield, Thistle mark. Thicker, more rounded wooden handle than say the H M Slater, or Thomas Temporal knives.

Some excellent pics here Richard you must be exhausted with all the scanning - I hope you've got a cup of tea in your hand too !

Got one ...

Resilco Rustless, Nickel Silver

Made in Sheffield, England

I'm sure there were six of these ??

Penknife, unremarkable, turn the handles to bring out the blades, always described as a Ladies penknife (family piece)

F Whitehouse's Everwhite Silver, no mention of Sheffield, could be from anywhere, unless you know different (bought last weekend)