Sheffield Made

RichardB

On 22 March 2007 at 13:24, RichardB said:

Southern & Richardson, Sheffield. Beautiful feel to the handle, also, quite usefully it says "Knife" on the blade !

Knife_Southern_and_Richardson.jpg

This is the aftermath of the boiler explosion. In December 1899 at Southern & Richardson at the Don Works on Doncaster Street.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 22 March 2007 at 11:51, RichardB said:

Thos Temporal, pair of knives, plain wooden handles.

The longer one says "Thos Temporal Sheffield" and T.T Special on the blade (other side blank)

Shorter one says "Thos Temporal Sheffield" and Diamond Edge on the blade (other side blank)

Thomas_Temporal_knives.jpg

These look like the knives cobblers used.

On 22/03/2007 at 11:45, RichardB said:

Well, this one is a knife, obviously, anyone got any ideas about the date of manufacture, or know anything of the Company; some postings will be well known, some less so ... more to come ...

Details :

William Rodgers "I CUT MY WAY" on one side of blade

MADE IN SHEFFIELD

ENGLAND on the other side.

post-124-1174563872.jpg

Sorry but no .but i have one just like yours and at a guess and i could be wrong about 1950,s .

4 hours ago, Adrian Cook said:

Sorry but no .but i have one just like yours and at a guess and i could be wrong about 1950,s .

I was a Boy Scout in Sheffield (Crookes) between 1961 and 1965 and bought a myself a knife around 1963 which was identical to that one in every way. I used to wear it in a sheath on my belt as I walked around dressed in my scout uniform. It disappeared around the time I left home, so seeing that image brings back strong memories. I doubt scouts would get away with wearing that today :-)