If it sounds good its Hallam...

GrinderBloke

Here you go, a small clip to get your taste buds going, as I find more I will post in this thread. (Mr Admin please move this post if you feel I have started it in the wrong place)

A bit from the Tony Jasper show circa 1980

RadioHallam01.mp3

Guest transit

Top stuff !

The Jeanery advert is classic Hallam FM

Recognised Kieth Skues (cardboard shoes) voice doing the Austin Rover ad. He is still around working on a station somewhere down south.

Guest Noise Heat Power

GrinderBloke, that is a high quality contribution! I really fell through a time tunnel listening to that. Didn't Tony Jasper do a kind of Christian rock show on Hallam - was it called 'Celebration Rock' maybe?

GrinderBloke, that is a high quality contribution! I really fell through a time tunnel listening to that. Didn't Tony Jasper do a kind of Christian rock show on Hallam - was it called 'Celebration Rock' maybe?

I think you may well be right, I read somewhere, within the last few years, that Tony Jasper was / is a preacher/evangelist. (not really up on church practices)

OK another few minutes of Radio Hallam history, from the early hours of 31 March 1984, a few weeks into the The Miners Strike...

The clip is the is mainly the 02:00 new bulletin with bits of music either side etc.

Freddie J Allen is the DJ featured.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but for me a very important time in the history of our country.

Next post I will try to make a little more music, jingles and ads.

198403310200FJA_News_BW.mp3

OK May 1982 another early morning news bulletin, this time from the time of the Falklands War (conflict)

Philip Gwyn is your newsreader, and Steve Williams ??? is the presenter of Hallam Countdown... must admit this name rings not one bell :(

19820528HallamCountdown01News.mp3

Hope this clips are bringing back memories.

Sadly the late nights son Hallam had few ad or jingle breaks.

I will keep listening to the tapes I've already ripped and hopefully get into the loft to grab more c90s for ripping soon.

My memory from 1982 is visiting The Great British beer festival at Leeds Queens Hall and meeting the most amazing goth girl ... but I was very, very drunk. I wonder what she is doing now, I must have a trip to Whitby ;)

Guest mega_monty

OK May 1982 another early morning news bulletin, this time from the time of the Falklands War (conflict)

Philip Gwyn is your newsreader, and Steve ??? is the presenter of Hallam Countdown... must admit this name rings not one bell :(

19820528HallamCountdown01News.mp3

Hope this clips are bringing back memories.

Sadly the late nights son Hallam had few ad or jingle breaks.

I will keep listening to the tapes I've already ripped and hopefully get into the loft to grab more c90s for ripping soon.

My memory from 1982 is visiting The Great British beer festival at Leeds Queens Hall and meeting the most amazing goth girl ... but I was very, very drunk. I wonder what she is doing now, I must have a trip to Whitby ;)

Classic 80's tracks from Blondie and Soft Cell

My memory from 1982 going Ice skating for the first time at Silver Blades, Queens Road

Guest Elephant1972

OK another few minutes of Radio Hallam history, from the early hours of 31 March 1984, a few weeks into the The Miners Strike...

The clip is the is mainly the 02:00 new bulletin with bits of music either side etc.

Freddie J Allen is the DJ featured.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but for me a very important time in the history of our country.

Next post I will try to make a little more music, jingles and ads.

198403310200FJA_News_BW.mp3

Awesome Great to find these clips. I have been looking for this for years. It brings back a lot ot childhood memories for me. i would love to hear a lot more. Freddie Allen was good. I also remember Brian Westlake too.

Have got a few jingles from Hallam for you all in stereo! They all date from the late seventies.

Keith Skues was a collector of jingles and the punk one was placed on the end of a batch he broadcast around 1979. It featured on a whole bunch of them from ILR stations all over the country. I've got them all if anyone wants them.

Hallam (punk style).mp3

Rouse Saturday.mp3

Hallam countdown 54321.mp3

Have got a few jingles from Hallam for you all in stereo! They all date from the late seventies.

Keith Skues was a collector of jingles and the punk one was placed on the end of a batch he broadcast around 1979. It featured on a whole bunch of them from ILR stations all over the country. I've got them all if anyone wants them.

Please post them. I'm sure all of us old Radio Hallam fans would love to hear them

Guest m_hodgey

Hi guys,

Firstly, many thanks for the great Hallam audio and archive information that has been posted on this forum.

Today I have been transferring some off-air audio from cassette onto the PC and from the transferred audio, I have put together a 13 minute montage of national and local adverts recorded from Hallam FM in 1991 and 1992.

There are loads of old “classics” featured in the montage, including Atkinson’s of Sheffield, Paul Eyre Carpets, Crystal Peaks, Morris Bywater and DC Cook.

Since the file is 11MB and I cannot attach to the post here, I have uploaded the montage to my SoundCloud page:

http://soundcloud.com/m_hodgey/hallamfm-adverts-montage-1991

Enjoy!

P.S. I would love to hear from anyone who has got any of these in the clear.

Guest Elephant1972

OMG these bring back memories of when I was a kid. I have been dying to hear these again for years. Thanks for the uploads.

Just uploaded my first cassette tape of the Radio Hallam Top 40 for the 12 November 1978. Featuring Kelly Temple - the jingles and some of the tracks! No adverts sorry!

'>