Andrews (Sheffield) Ltd

andyrad

Anyone got any pics of the old Andrews fleet? all Fleetlines, one in particular i am trying to remember the reg for it was called "Genevieve"

Andy

Guest bus man

No photo yet (no doubt transit will find one) however

My walking talking andrews directory tells me :

it was SDA 516S under traky it carried the name and the number 108 do you require any further info let me know

No photo yet (no doubt transit will find one) however

My walking talking andrews directory tells me :

it was SDA 516S under traky it carried the name and the number 108 do you require any further info let me know

ah yes that was Genevieve 2, there was an earlier one with an unusual body but cant remember what it was, I have a pic somewhere and even have the Daimler badge it carried on the front. Will have to try and did it out of the loft!

Found it! OAG760L and it looks like an alexander bodied Fleetline :)

here she is next to Ex notts ETO181L Lady Hamilton

Guest transit

And there are the two AEC regents they had in the driving school next to ex SY Fleetline GWA810N

...similar Fleetline bus 836 - GWA 836N , from the same batch is nearing completion of an extensive restoration at Tinsley !- this pic taken a couple of years ago .....

Guest transit

Anyone got any pics of the old Andrews fleet? all Fleetlines, one in particular i am trying to remember the reg for it was called "Genevieve"

Andy

...a couple more pics here....

Andy

OAG 760L was new to Duff of Ardrossan, one of the members of the A1 co-operative, as bus man stated earlier. I can recall her in the dark blue and white, but not in the later blue, yellow and white livery.

A few more shots of more recent (in relative terms) Andrews buses:

One of the many ex West midlands MCW fleetlines is "Little John" (NOC476R)

A little less usual for Andrews was ex Cleveland Transit's Northern Counties bodied Fleetline "Nick Broughton" (LDC81P)

And not every Andrews bus was a Fleetline. "Tinkerbell" (DET476V) was an ex Yorkshire Traction Leyland National

Am I right in thinking that when Andrews started operating services in Sheffield they used some of the AEC Regents as wall as the older Fleetlines?

...similar Fleetline bus 836 - GWA 836N , from the same batch is nearing completion of an extensive restoration at Tinsley !- this pic taken a couple of years ago .....

There was three of this style. "jumbo" "Elizabeth Anne" and Charlie Peace.

OAG 760L was new to Duff of Ardrossan, one of the members of the A1 co-operative, as bus man stated earlier. I can recall her in the dark blue and white, but not in the later blue, yellow and white livery.

A few more shots of more recent (in relative terms) Andrews buses:

One of the many ex West midlands MCW fleetlines is "Little John" (NOC476R)

A little less usual for Andrews was ex Cleveland Transit's Northern Counties bodied Fleetline "Nick Broughton" (LDC81P)

And not every Andrews bus was a Fleetline. "Tinkerbell" (DET476V) was an ex Yorkshire Traction Leyland National

Am I right in thinking that when Andrews started operating services in Sheffield they used some of the AEC Regents as wall as the older Fleetlines?

I'm sure there were three ex cleveland ones. "Nick Broughton" " Henry Bessemer" and "Captian PJ Sillito"

here is LDC 81P Nick Broughton in Cleveland transit and Andrews livery

...a couple more pics here....

ah 1535 "sherrif of Notts" here she is newly aquired by Andrews and still in SY livery

Guest transit

ah 1535 "sherrif of Notts" here she is newly aquired by Andrews and still in SY livery

.....and on display at a local rally just after repaint !......

Guest transit

...one of the ex- Glasgow Alexander Fleetlines in MODEL (HO 1/76 scale) form on show at the Aldwalk museum !.....

Guest transit

...some more for your perusal !.......(named where i can !)

pic 1&2 Maid Marion , DET 475V

pic 3 Seargent a Loosemoor, DWH 684W

pic4 Nick Broughton

pic5 NOC 483R

pic6 WHL 284J ,Mandy

pic7 SDA 691S ,Oliver Cromwell

pic8 SDA 791S

PIC9 SWE 446S

that was probably Huddersfield rally? and that is my DAD in the blue shirt! hehe. Also that lady in the foreground is Mandy who the bus was named after, bet you didnt know that

Guest transit

that was probably Huddersfield rally? and that is my DAD in the blue shirt! hehe. Also that lady in the foreground is Mandy who the bus was named after, bet you didnt know that

....but the big question is - was YOU named after the bus company /or the bus company named after you ?????? he he

....but the big question is - was YOU named after the bus company /or the bus company named after you ?????? he he

nah thats just pure coincidence i can asure you

Guest wayney g

nah thats just pure coincidence i can asure you

Sorry to go off the subject but looking for fitters etc for sypte , chesterefield transport ,andrews ,sheffield omnibus etc 1976 to late1990,s

ex fitter from 1976 intake missing life as it was would like to chat to old mates etc

ps love this section of this web site it brings back lots of memories

Sorry to go off the subject but looking for fitters etc for sypte , chesterefield transport ,andrews ,sheffield omnibus etc 1976 to late1990,s

ex fitter from 1976 intake missing life as it was would like to chat to old mates etc

ps love this section of this web site it brings back lots of memories

A couple of fitters I knew well at Herries were Paul Martin and Eric Belk, ring any bells `wayney g`. W/E.

Guest wayney g

A couple of fitters I knew well at Herries were Paul Martin and Eric Belk, ring any bells `wayney g`. W/E.

remember both ! was apprentice fitter there for a time Finished at herries rd in 1986 having worked at all garages at sometime or another but herries was my favoroute ! worked there for last 2 years at sypte as afitter till 1986 ish (thanks maggie & deregulation )

You must be able to remember more my name recall is sh!! too much strong lager in the channel islands !!!!!!

You want to see the buses over here

Guest wayney g

if that is your dad then he worked alongside me at andrews at darnall & ur mum too !!!! i was a fitter there around 1995-6 ish

if that is your dad then he worked alongside me at andrews at darnall & ur mum too !!!! i was a fitter there around 1995-6 ish

yep will remember you to them are you wayne? whats your second name?

Hi Transit,

Just found a picture taken on that very morning! here is 1535 "sherrif of notts" filling up with Diesel with 874 at Law Bros on route to Huddersfield in 1991