Summer Wine Location

Does anyone know the location of the newly-built (or rebuilt) bridge that spans a lake or reservoir, the one that has appeared in a lot of the more recent episodes ? The scenes usually feature one of the cast falling off the bridge or into the lake. The bridge appears to be built of freshly dressed stone and in some distant shots a very ornate tower with a castellated top rises out of the water. If it's a reservoir I suppose it could be a water draw-off tower although it looks like a giant dove-cott. For a long time I thought it was the lake at Bretton Hall but a look on Google Maps shows a different bridge and no tower.

Does anyone know the location of the newly-built (or rebuilt) bridge that spans a lake or reservoir, the one that has appeared in a lot of the more recent episodes ? The scenes usually feature one of the cast falling off the bridge or into the lake. The bridge appears to be built of freshly dressed stone and in some distant shots a very ornate tower with a castellated top rises out of the water. If it's a reservoir I suppose it could be a water draw-off tower although it looks like a giant dove-cott. For a long time I thought it was the lake at Bretton Hall but a look on Google Maps shows a different bridge and no tower.

Hi is this it?

Hi is this it?

The tower looks similar but a closer examination shows a much more modern design, the one in LOTSW looks like a little castle keep and there is no bridge spanning part of Scammonden. Also there are some islands on the LOTSW lake. Last night I watched an episode called Extra! Extra! (the one with the film set) made in 1996 and the bridge appears to be newly built with the toppers still to be placed on the parapet walls. Also the water level looks much lower with a lot of grassland that appears to be covered with water in the later episodes. It's making me think that perhaps it's some newly created water park. I'm beginning to think that the long shots showing the tower might have been edited in from somewhere else !

Anyway thanks for the photo, it's appreciated.

I've managed to answer my own question !

After weeks trawling the net and asking tourism offices and even the BBC I happened upon a website summerwine.net and there in the extensive archive of locations was "my" bridge. It is located in the grounds of what appears to be a private estate called Meal Hill about half a mile SSE of the White Horse at Jackson Bridge. There it is with small islands and the tower which seems to be a decorative feature.

Problem solved !