1966 FA Cup Final

RichardB

Waited long enough now - the vendor, a near neighbour of mine, was good enough to allow me to scan these.

Interesting that in 1966 an FA cup final ticket (admittedly being played at wembley) cost 50 shillings (£2.50)

While from this link here

1966 World Cup

a World Cup early round match (admittedly played at a regional ground, - Hillsborough and by foeign teams, - not England) cost 7/6 (37p)

A bit of a descrepency in prices for matches of such high prestiege.

Programme continued.

Can you track down a copy of the songsheet for the "community singing" before the game? lol

Can you track down a copy of the songsheet for the "community singing" before the game? lol

I should think not ... only an idiot would even go looking for something like that ...

As I drifted along getting more and more disconsolate I saw a little old man standing looking confused by the roadside. I asked him if he had a ticket and as he looked so down in the mouth whether he wanted to go to the match. He told me he had a ticket but didn't feel like going to the game so I paid him £5 for a 10/- ticket and was in the ground in time to join in the Community Singing led (as always then) by a pompous ole git in a white suit - "Altogether now, She's a lassy from Lancashire . . ." "Abide with me" always makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, doesn't it?

http://www.bluekipper.com/history/1966/1966_3.htm

Well, ok, it's not as good a taunt as the one hurled by Everton supporters during the famous come-from-behind 1966 FA Cup Final victory over Sheffield Wednesday --

"Everton for the Cup, Wednesday for the middle of the week."

(That Final was attended by John Lennon and Paul McCartney and was recently rated the one of the five best ever).

Pointless link

Yes I have access to both the 1966 final song sheet AND the 1935 Final song sheet.

Yes I have access to both the 1966 final song sheet AND the 1935 Final song sheet.

Now, that sounds impressive.

My late father used to have the commentary of the 1966 FA Cup Final on a 12" LP, wonder where it went mmm... <_<

My late father used to have the commentary of the 1966 FA Cup Final on a 12" LP, wonder where it went mmm... <_<

If it was double LP microgroove set then at a push it would just about get the whole 90 minutes in on 4 LP sides.

Unless if course it was one of those very rare ELP (thats Extended Long Play, not Emmerson Lake & Palmer) 16rpm discs.

If it was double LP microgroove set then at a push it would just about get the whole 90 minutes in on 4 LP sides.

Unless if course it was one of those very rare ELP (thats Extended Long Play, not Emmerson Lake & Palmer) 16rpm discs.

If I remember rightly, it was edited highlights, will check with my brother when he gets back off his holidays.

If I remember rightly, it was edited highlights, will check with my brother when he gets back off his holidays.

Hi Stuart,

I have a copy of that - will try and find and scan in. I must confess it way the first thing I ever bought on ebay which was a bit foolish as I no longer have a record player :o

Hi Stuart,

I have a copy of that - will try and find and scan in. I must confess it way the first thing I ever bought on ebay which was a bit foolish as I no longer have a record player :o

It is a 331/3 LP and includes edited highlights of both of the semi finals as well.

It is a 331/3 LP and includes edited highlights of both of the semi finals as well.

As Dunsbyowl appears to have just found out, a 12" LP record cover will not fit on an A4 sheet scanner bed, - it is too narrow and cuts a bit off at one side.

Now I seem to remember that me and Stuart used to have a bit of software (I think it was on a Majix convert records and tapes to CD thing) that allowed you to scan an LP cover in 2 halves on an A4 scanner and then it very cleverly joined the 2 halves together to recreate an image of the entire cover.

Comes in handy for jobs like this but not much else.

As Dunsbyowl appears to have just found out, a 12" LP record cover will not fit on an A4 sheet scanner bed, - it is too narrow and cuts a bit off at one side.

Now I seem to remember that me and Stuart used to have a bit of software (I think it was on a Majix convert records and tapes to CD thing) that allowed you to scan an LP cover in 2 halves on an A4 scanner and then it very cleverly joined the 2 halves together to recreate an image of the entire cover.

Comes in handy for jobs like this but not much else.

Yes Dave that would be useful!

Perhaps someone can marry these together?

Yes Dave that would be useful!

Perhaps someone can marry these together?

The cover joins up something like this

using Serif PanoramaPlus v1

The other 2 are more difficult to join up because :-

1]

They are in black and white and the software which identifies the overlap doesn't always work with B&W

(Although Stuart0742 seems to have got around this problem using Adobe Photoshop)

2]

I have never tried to overlap pieces of text and joun them up before, - I don't know how the software would respond to this

but most importantly.....

3]

There does not appear to be any overlap on these 2 pictures!

Thanks Dave that looks great and at least now includes the Wednesday players photos.

I scanned the text the other way round as i thought it would be more straightforward but didn't notice I've obviously lost a couple of line. Still I don't think there was anything of great interest!

1]

They are in black and white and the software which identifies the overlap doesn't always work with B&W

(Although Stuart0742 seems to have got around this problem using Adobe Photoshop)

2]

I have never tried to overlap pieces of text and joun them up before, - I don't know how the software would respond to this

3]

1]

2]

3]

Dave there is quite a big overlap, think you may need some new specs ( can recommend somewhere lol )

Dave there is quite a big overlap, think you may need some new specs ( can recommend somewhere lol )

Yes, there is a massive overlap.

Whats more, and the reason I missed it, the "join" would fit exactly into a blank piece of the cover, just below the large font word WEMBLEY.

With this in mind it becomes dead simple to join these up without any fancy software, just overlap the 2 pictures in the right place and resave them as one.

I did this using Serif PagePlus, but I think the Majix LP cover scanner worked in exactly the same way.

OK, you can still see the join, - just, but at least it gives the whole cover in one picture.

If I have started posting in a football thread and my eyesight is getting worse do I have a promising career as a referee lol