Different car

RichardB

Got me a different car to drive, Man those people at the Tyne Tunnel are in for a shock - Black Sabbath one day/Doo *** the next; can't wait till I find the George Formby and Motorhead CD's - seperate CD's not sure Formby ever performed with Lemmy and Philthy Animal Taylor ...

Got me a different car to drive, Man those people at the Tyne Tunnel are in for a shock - Black Sabbath one day/Doo Wop the next; can't wait till I find the George Formby and Motorhead CD's - seperate CD's not sure Formby ever performed with Lemmy and Philthy Animal Taylor ...

Go on then :) what car have you got, or is it going to be a guessing game lol

He lives up Newcastle way so it will probably be a locally made Nissan.

As well as making cars Nissan also make a hut.

Nissan is famous for being the only car manufacturer who made cars that were so crap that they had to change the company name to Nissan in order to remarket their new improved range. Previously they were Datsun.

Datsun - now that should go in the Sheffield Dialect thread, it means "That is a...."

As in "Datsun other fine mess youv'e gotten me into Stanley" (From a Sheffield subtitled version of Laurel & Hardy)

Nissan is famous for being the only car manufacturer who made cars that were so crap that they had to change the company name to Nissan in order to remarket their new improved range. Previously they were Datsun.

Datsun - now that should go in the Sheffield Dialect thread, it means "That is a...."

As in "Datsun other fine mess youv'e gotten me into Stanley" (From a Sheffield subtitled version of Laurel & Hardy)

I was thinking of a Toyota Y AyeGo, but suspect may be to small lol

Maybe a "Rolls Canardley" (Rolls down hill, can hardly get up the other side) or a Ford Pubic (Made out of old Corsairs!) he he

The Motorists Prayer

"The Ford is my motor, I shall not want - another -

It maketh me lie down in wet places,

It soileth my soul; it leadeth me into

the paths of ridicule for its name's sake

Yea, though I run down the valleys, I am towed up the hills,

I fear much evil while it is with me.

Its rods and its cranks discomfort me.

It annointeth my face with oil, its tanks runneth over.

Surely to goodness the bleeding thing won't follow me all the days of my life

Or I shall dwell in the house of the insane for ever."

or, Found On Road Dead

Maybe a "Rolls Canardley" (Rolls down hill, can hardly get up the other side) or a Ford Pubic (Made out of old Corsairs!) he he

The Motorists Prayer

"The Ford is my motor, I shall not want - another -

It maketh me lie down in wet places,

It soileth my soul; it leadeth me into

the paths of ridicule for its name's sake

Yea, though I run down the valleys, I am towed up the hills,

I fear much evil while it is with me.

Its rods and its cranks discomfort me.

It annointeth my face with oil, its tanks runneth over.

Surely to goodness the bleeding thing won't follow me all the days of my life

Or I shall dwell in the house of the insane for ever."

It's not a Fix It Again Tomorrow either; it's green, that's all that matters. It's no 1965 E-type Jag with wire-wheels either, sorry Mom ...

Guest transit

....Datsun's were first sold in Sheffield in the early 70's by the infamous Derek Cook (D.C.Cook) from his site at Sheaf Gardens - which made him a millionaire ;-)

....Datsun's were first sold in Sheffield in the early 70's by the infamous Derek Cook (D.C.Cook) from his site at Sheaf Gardens - which made him a millionaire ;-)

And before D.C. Cook's showroom was built at Sheaf Gardens

Jack Clare had a driving school on the site.

YouTube .. Drive with Clare, Jack Clare Driving School TRT 09:56

Datsun other local success story den!

It's not a Fix It Again Tomorrow either; it's green, that's all that matters. It's no 1965 E-type Jag with wire-wheels either, sorry Mom ...

So the clue is its a GREEN car.

By this do you mean that its colour is green or that its a low emmission eco friendly car which is rewarded with zero road tax.

Green Eh?

Saw one of these on Eccleshall Road last night in "Viper Green" metallic.

It looked lovely (Am I Close?)

Green Eh?

Saw one of these on Eccleshall Road last night in "Viper Green" metallic.

It looked lovely (Am I Close?)

Taller, darker, more doors

So the clue is its a GREEN car.

By this do you mean that its colour is green or that its a low emmission eco friendly car which is rewarded with zero road tax.

Colour is green; not very environmentally friendly at all. 2002 vintage, diesel.

I learnt to drive at Jack Clare's in 1965 in a Vauxhall Viva, cost 19 shillings a lesson. Thanks for the link to Youtube Jack Clare School of Motoring, it had me laughing. I also worked at Photofiniishers at Nether Edge, which belonged to Mottershaw's, in the school summer holidays, printing and packing photographs. So some good memories from all of this.

I'm sorry, I can't help it, I'm still laughing at this. he hehe hehe he

Thanks.

When I read the description it just popped up in my minds eye.

I couldn't resist it. :)

Colour is green; not very environmentally friendly at all. 2002 vintage, diesel.

Not nice and clean like Thomas and all his little steam friends then, if its a DIRTY DISEASEL ENGINE

I've worked with steam engines, - believe me they are NOT clean, they are very, very DIRTY.

No, it has not ...

"The ballgown was particularly difficult to find to fit a 19 stone, 49-inch chest balding fat blokie"

The above is taken as a quote from another topic, therefore its not going to be a small car is it lol