Access to Sheffield History

Guest Trefcon

Guest Trefcon

SueF from Sheffield Indexers had a bit of trouble accessing the site a few months ago. I think Laurence sorted the problem for her, she has informed me that she was able to access for one day only and now still cant gain access. I dont know what can be done, i just said i would put a note on here about it.

Dean.

SueF from Sheffield Indexers had a bit of trouble accessing the site a few months ago. I think Laurence sorted the problem for her, she has informed me that she was able to access for one day only and now still cant gain access. I dont know what can be done, i just said i would put a note on here about it.

Dean.

Hi Dean,

thanks for passing Sue's message on.

I think I have found her and she appears on the board as a 'valid member'

so the problem could be to do with her ISP (Internet Service Provider)

or maybe it's just a password problem.

The only suggestion I can make at this moment is that she re-registers

using a different user name and password,

and see what happens.

Steve

Hi Dean,

thanks for passing Sue's message on.

I think I have found her and she appears on the board as a 'valid member'

so the problem could be to do with her ISP (Internet Service Provider)

or maybe it's just a password problem.

The only suggestion I can make at this moment is that she re-registers

using a different user name and password,

and see what happens.

Steve

Dean

How far can she get, DaveH had problems some while ago, this was due to his ISP, they set him up via a proxy server. He could not even get as far as the login scree.

If she gets as far as the login screen, then Steve's idea is probably the best, has she tried the "Forgat Password" link

Dean

How far can she get, DaveH had problems some while ago, this was due to his ISP, they set him up via a proxy server. He could not even get as far as the login scree.

If she gets as far as the login screen, then Steve's idea is probably the best, has she tried the "Forgat Password" link

I currently have IE8 set up without proxy and FireFox with proxy.

Only the browser with the proxy server will let me get onto Sheffield History.

Direct access from Virgin Media just doesn't work.

This is annoying because it did used to work until one night in January this year when it suddenly could not connect.

Eventually I phoned Virgin Media helpline and they set me up the proxy connection which does work.

The proxy connection will work with any browser including IE8 but I choose to use it with Firefox.

Some sites work the other way around and can only be accessed without a proxy, - main one here being my NETGEAR router status page, hence I find it easier to have two independent browsers configured differently in proxy server settings.