Guest skeets

Guest skeets

why Steve if l had put it here i'm sure someone would have said its not Sheffield related

WHO HAS SKYPE PROGRAMME FITTED OR DOWNLOADED

Never heard of it, got a SYPTE bus timetable though. W/A.

Basically 'Skype' is an internet phone service,

it allows you to make cheap phone calls to other Skype subscribers from your computer.

It also has other functions such as text messaging and video calls,

Skype uses Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP)

www.skype.com

why Steve if l had put it here i'm sure someone would have said its not Sheffield related

skeets

"It's not Sheffield or history related"

so that's why I moved your topic into here.

Steve

Basically 'Skype' is an internet phone service,

it allows you to make cheap phone calls to other Skype subscribers from your computer.

It also has other functions such as text messaging and video calls,

Skype uses Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP)

www.skype.com

skeets

"It's not Sheffield or history related"

so that's why I moved your topic into here.

Steve

We use VOIP at work, its fantastic, when the network goes down you loose both your PC and Phone. Its suprising how little you can do in a modern office with out a PC lol

Guest skeets

Never heard of it, got a SYPTE bus timetable though. W/A.

W,Echo SKYPE IS easy to install and its FREE calls also when your relations have downloaded SKYPE click on vidiocall and you will see and talk just as though you was in the same room ,l chat with my son most nights him being in uk and me in France ,get it now its fantastic Cheers Skeets

OK so I have managed to move back from FireFox to IE8 now that the site has been upgraded

However, I also have Skype on my computer and this has an IE8 plug in which lets Skype mark up any telephone numbers which appear on a web page and then dial them just by clicking on them.

Unfortunately the Skype plug in is interpreting some of the dates of posts written in the form of e.g. 07 03 2010 as a telephone number and marking them up as such.

Not a problem, but it is mildly annoying as it makes it more difficult to read the date. :angry:

Now, I wonder what happens if I get Skype to dial a marked up date? :unsure:

OK so I have managed to move back from FireFox to IE8 now that the site has been upgraded

However, I also have Skype on my computer and this has an IE8 plug in which lets Skype mark up any telephone numbers which appear on a web page and then dial them just by clicking on them.

Unfortunately the Skype plug in is interpreting some of the dates of posts written in the form of e.g. 07 03 2010 as a telephone number and marking them up as such.

Not a problem, but it is mildly annoying as it makes it more difficult to read the date. :angry:

Hi DaveH Could you try 26 03 2010 and get me the EURO Numbers please..

Well to answer the original question - I have it installed on my laptop. Used it once to see how it worked and caught up with an old school friend who now lives in France. Must be brilliant for people who have family scattered all over the world.

Well to answer the original question - I have it installed on my laptop. Used it once to see how it worked and caught up with an old school friend who now lives in France. Must be brilliant for people who have family scattered all over the world.

Discovered Skype about 6 months ago, experienced some teething problems - I was putting in the international dialling codes and getting 'INVALID NUMBER' Took me a while to realise that clicking on the countries' icon automatically selects the international dialling code. I can call anyone with skype for free ie all my relo's in UK who are computer savvy. And for $7 a month I can call any landline in UK ie relo's who are not computer savvy. Says I can call mobiles too but I've never tried. Also have the webcam so I can see my brother-in laws ugly mug when we call him.

Even my example in the post above is displaying as though it was a phone number :angry: