Watch with Mother

mickjj

Who remembers "Watch With Mother" when they were bairns. here are the ones I remember:

Bill & Ben ("Flodalop little weeeed")

Andy Pandy (something strange about that boy)

The Woodentops

Rag Tag & Bobtail

Who remembers "Watch With Mother" when they were bairns. here are the ones I remember:

Not the biggest fan of Des O'Connor - but back when he had his own comedy show (not the chat show - I am going way back) he did a sketch called "randy sandy" which was a p**s take of Andy Pandy - I remember this being very very funny

The Woodentops

Rag Tag & Bobtail

I remember all but Rag Tag & Bobtail

The first picture was the opening "title" to watch with mother

Guest mega_monty

Anyone remember any of these?

And as if by magic "Ping" the shopkeeper appeared!

I loved watch with mother, though I'd watch it with my nan as my mam was at work. She liked Crown Court which was on just before or after it.

Camberwick green and trumpton also featured.

How on eath did they teach that hamster to drive a boat?

Guest codeyes

The Woodentops

Rag Tag & Bobtail

Remember all those. They used to have Picture Book on a monday as well.....Sure that Rag Tag and Bobtail was replaced by Tales from the Riverbank later as well

Guest Genie602

Recall all of those mentioned so far - I used to love Watch with Mother. Does anyone remember The Pied Piper? It was a Canadian Opera singer who presented it. He used to " open up his wonderful bag of tricks" . There were stories featuring Rupert the Rat, Cookie the Kitten and Bessie the bunny.

Also the Clangers and the Wombles from later decades.

Genie 602

What about Torchy the little boy with a torch?

Twizzle, the girl with legs that grew

Muffin the Mule

I also remember watching Woodentops with my son and being really disappointed, I realised that they were all wooden! Never occured to me as a child that they would be, I always thought they were real :rolleyes:

Marion

Guest plain talker

Ah!! So Pogles Wood was not a figment of my imagination lol

No, Huthwaite, it most certainly wasn't! ;-) It was one of my favourites as a child.

Oliver Postgate and Peter Firmin, (who also did "Noggin the Nog", "Ivor the Engine" and Bagpuss, to name but three) did two different shows, involving the characters who lived in Pogle Wood. One was called simply "The Pogles" and the other was "The Pogles Of Pogle Wood".

Their company, Smallfilms was a roaring success, making loads of different children's animation series (including the Clangers). they brought a lot of joy to countless hordes of children.

Emily Postgate, Oliver's daughter, was the "Emily", who loved Bagpuss, in the series "Bagpuss"

Guest bus man

O dear: I remember :

Andy Pandy, tales of the riverbank, camberwick green , trumpton, jackanory , The Clangers - must go now its way past my bed time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz