Can anyone help?

huthwaite

HI everyone, I was searching through my late Father's stuff and found this photo, at first I thought it was High Hazels as there is a family link there, but with closer observation I am not so sure, Dad was Sheffield born and bred as were his parents, anyone any ideas???

HI everyone, I was searching through my late Father's stuff and found this photo, at first I thought it was High Hazels as there is a family link there, but with closer observation I am not so sure, Dad was Sheffield born and bred as were his parents, anyone any ideas???

I quite famously declared I didn't know where High Hazels was ,,, but, Thank you for posting this photo up, just the kind of thing we need. I hope my knowledgeable muccas can identify the location.

I quite famously declared I didn't know where High Hazels was ,,, but, Thank you for posting this photo up, just the kind of thing we need. I hope my knowledgeable muccas can identify the location.

Sorry for the poor quality if anyone can "tinker" and improve it, feel free!

May be a little better. Tsavo

Guest tsavo

Mickjj will recognise the building in the distance as being in Firth Park.....at least I think it is....!

Mickjj will recognise the building in the distance as being in Firth Park.....at least I think it is....!

Hi Tsavo

Looks similar but I don't think it is the same do you?

Hi Tsavo

Looks similar but I don't think it is the same do you?

Hi Dunsby,

That was my first impression, but I don't think you could get a view from that angle at Firth Park, the park opposite the pavilion rises steeply, not more or less level as in the photo, and there appears to be an imposing set of gates in front of the trees in the centre which I don't think fits with Firth Park.

The gate posts and gates could be a clue.

Don't know why but .. I have a feeling it's not in the Sheffield area,

let's hope I'm proved wrong.

Guest tsavo

You're both right. This can't be Firth Park. The tower was what confused me. Serves me right for jumping to conclusioms!

You're both right. This can't be Firth Park. The tower was what confused me. Serves me right for jumping to conclusioms!

Having looked at all the big houses I could think of with towers ie Endcliffe Hall, Tapton Court & Oakwood & even Osborn House on the IOW the Firth Park Tower is the nearest - though is there anywhere in Sheffield that flat? lol

Having looked at all the big houses I could think of with towers ie Endcliffe Hall, Tapton Court & Oakwood & even Osborn House on the IOW the Forth Park Tower is the nearest though is there anywhere in Sheffield that flat? lol

And another one here ..

Guest Coldstreamer

Could the building in the background be a clue it looks remarkably like the one between Firth park library and the old boating lake. The area in the foreground could be where the various churches/chapels gathered at whitsuntide for the hymn singing. Any other suggestions?

Could the building in the background be a clue it looks remarkably like the one between Firth park library and the old boating lake. The area in the foreground could be where the various churches/chapels gathered at whitsuntide for the hymn singing. Any other suggestions?

Hi and welcome Coldstreamer,

maybe it could have looked a bit like this then,

there is a resemblance and two pairs of gate posts.