SheffieldHistory

RichardB

Frog-features (that'll be Tsavo then) and me are working on a something, we would like your input.

We are looking for the best images (photos/engravings) from SH, any topic, just the best of what has been posted.

Mine :

Reverse view of St Pauls

Interior view of St Pauls

My Sisters shoeless in Grimesthrpe in the late 50's

Shakespeare, West Bar by night lit up

Gravestones laid flat in Cathedral

One of the photos of the Slums (can't decide which)

Engraving looking up Snig Hill

Something from the Sheffield Scrapbook, possibly Cabbage Alley

A famous Victorian Sheffielder

Whichever is the best Then and Now

A Memorial (Dean to advise)

Best Flood image

Cooling Towers

Barracks old and new

Post as many as you wish, preferably with a link to the original posting, we'd prefer copyright-free images if possible (rules out PictureSheffield.

------------------------

We may well be asking for the same for text postings, get your thinking caps on.

e.g. Dancing by Candlelight

Guest Trefcon

Hi Richard,

it could only be the York & Lancs memorial for me, so many Sheffield men passed through their ranks. On an individual level, it would be the original wooden, Imperial War Graves Commission's battle field cross of Arthur James Harrison, Pte. 29324 York & Lancs, died 23/10/18, this is in a church in Sheffield.

Dean.

Frog-features (that'll be Tsavo then) and me are working on a something, we would like your input.

We are looking for the best images (photos/engravings) from SH, any topic, just the best of what has been posted.

Post as many as you wish, preferably with a link to the original posting, we'd prefer copyright-free images if possible (rules out PictureSheffield.

------------------------

We may well be asking for the same for text postings, get your thinking caps on.

e.g. Dancing by Candlelight

Looks like someone has started working early on the Sheffield History 2010 calendar lol

Guest tsavo

We're looking into that, Dave, but the other project is so secret that Richard has insisted we do the work in the back room of Mrs Miggins Pie Shop. Problem is that because it's so secret, he won't tell me where the pie shop is! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looks like someone has started working early on the Sheffield History 2010 calendar lol

Nothing to do with that project; that involves a lot more "photo" knowledge than I posses. Still need lots of "best bits" though - from each topic area, new, old, been used before in 2009 Calandar - images rejected from that process gladly accepted.