'66 Cup Final Programme and Ticket

RichardB

A friend of a friend will shortly be placing an original 1966 programme and ticket up for sale. No further details known (eBay username, price etc).

Just a heads up if anyone is interested in such stuff.

Guest Leipzig

A friend of a friend will shortly be placing an original 1966 programme and ticket up for sale. No further details known (eBay username, price etc).

Just a heads up if anyone is interested in such stuff.

Hi RichardB

I don't have a ticket, but do have an original programme, I would have thought that there were 100s of these programmes available and that the value would be low (condition all important of course) - make my day please!  lol

Hi RichardB

I don't have a ticket, but do have an original programme, I would have thought that there were 100s of these programmes available and that the value would be low (condition all important of course) - make my day please!  lol

I don't actually know much about this stuff, however, I've seen a ticket for sale recently for £25 and a programme for around a fiver. I suppose the combination of original ticket and programme adds to the interest.

The item (which I haven't found on eBay yet) is ticket and programme together; being sold my a near neighbour of mine - he's not into Sheffield but did let me have a look at them since he knew I was interested.

Guest Leipzig

Day not made Richard. :(

I suppose I'll hang onto my copy then - it'll make a good firelighter when we have to start burning the furniture  lol

I suppose I'll hang onto my copy then - it'll make a good firelighter when we have to start burning the furniture  lol

For those that don't own a ticket or programme - watch this space in about a week - nuff said ...

Now that's a Wembley Cup Final ticket and programme for the England v West Germany match.

However, don't forget that a set of group matches were played locally at Hillsborough.

Now tickets and programmes for these matches are likely to be much rarer as none of them involved the home team

[Memory fails me here, not a big football fan, - Group 2 matches?? Switzerland?? Argentina?? 2 other countries???]

Most of these tickets and programmes will have been bought by foreign supporters who will have taken them home.

BUT, if any do still exist in Britain, Sheffield is the most likely place for them to be as the matches were played here and its possible a fair few locals went to one of these matches at Hillsborough.

Do they still exist?

Are they worth anything?

Due to rarity are they worth more or less than the ones for the cup final?

Hi Dave

Somehow I ended up with a copy of the programme of events and a couple of match tickets copies of which I supplied to Chris Hobbs for his site

see here :

http://www.chrishobbs.com/sheffield2/sheffieldsworldcup.htm

I haven't ever seen any of the match programmes and and not sure about their or the ticket values but would like to know!

Now that's a Wembley Cup Final ticket and programme for the England v West Germany match.

However, don't forget that a set of group matches were played locally at Hillsborough.

Now tickets and programmes for these matches are likely to be much rarer as none of them involved the home team

[Memory fails me here, not a big football fan, - Group 2 matches?? Switzerland?? Argentina?? 2 other countries???]

Most of these tickets and programmes will have been bought by foreign supporters who will have taken them home.

BUT, if any do still exist in Britain, Sheffield is the most likely place for them to be as the matches were played here and its possible a fair few locals went to one of these matches at Hillsborough.

Do they still exist?

Are they worth anything?

Due to rarity are they worth more or less than the ones for the cup final?

Hi Dave

Somehow I ended up with a copy of the programme of events and a couple of match tickets copies of which I supplied to Chris Hobbs for his site

see here :

http://www.chrishobbs.com/sheffield2/sheffieldsworldcup.htm

I haven't ever seen any of the match programmes and and not sure about their or the ticket values but would like to know!

Other 2 countries playing at Hillsborough appear to have been Spain and West Germany

At the time Argentina appears in the listings as Argentine

Interseting to note from the original tickets shown on the site link that they cost 7 shillings and sixpence (37 and a half pence!)

What a bargain.

Guest Dinno_Paul

Hi guys!

I have just joined purely to get involved with another Redgates thread which is fascinating me.

However i just couldn't help nosing in on this topic as i have just had registration accepted.

I was under the impression reading topic title that it was a Sheffield Wednesday v Everton 1966 FA cup final programme up for sale.I didn't know there was another cup final that year involving the national team?How did they get on?

Regards

Paul

Hi guys!

I have just joined purely to get involved with another Redgates thread which is fascinating me.

However i just couldn't help nosing in on this topic as i have just had registration accepted.

I was under the impression reading topic title that it was a Sheffield Wednesday v Everton 1966 FA cup final programme up for sale.I didn't know there was another cup final that year involving the national team?How did they get on?

Regards

Paul

Hi Dinno Paul, and welcome to Sheffield History.

Must admit that I made a similar mistake about which match it was when a topic is just described as "1966 cup final"

The 1966 FA CUP FINAL was indeed Sheffield Wednesday v Everton, and the outcome, although it looked very promising at half time, was not a good one for Wednesday :(

You are of course joking about the National team, and not knowing how they got on he he he he he he he helol

The 1966 WORLD CUP FINAL, also played at Wembley, was England v West Germany, which England won, lol the only time we have won the World Cup.

The final score was 4 - 2 after extra time, it being a 2 -2 after normal time. Geoff Hurst scored a hat trick and Martin Peters scored the other goal.

However, one of the goals was contoversial as it was not clear if the ball, which fell vertically from hitting the crossbar, had actually crossed the line of the goalmouth.

The goal was accepted.

However, had it not have been (and there is evidence to suggest it wasn't a goal) the result would have been a 2 - 1 win to West Germany in normal time :o

Guest Dinno_Paul

Cheers for the welcome Dave :)

So England won eh? :rolleyes:

I know what you are saying regarding Hurst's disputed goal but it doesn't mean the match would have finished 2-1 as the play would have taken a very different course of events.We may well have gone on to win anyway or we could have lost 3-1,who knows.All i do know is the 4-2 score printed in the history books ;-)

I don't know but i have a sneaky feeling that Fabio will make us great once again B)

As for the domestic Cup final of that year,my Uncle was there and so i have inherited his legacy and followed in his blue and white footsteps.Had a great day out at Barnsley yesterday B)

Back on topic though,my mate does a bit of Ebaying and a few years back he had a couple of programmes from the 1935 Wednesday v West Brom cup final.

He sold the one that wasn't in great condition and it went for £70.He has held onto the good condition one since but i am guessing it would be worth £150 ish but depends on who bids and time of year it would be listed?

I also found out that although the programmes from Wednesday's 90's Wembley visits don't fetch much,the '93 FA cup replay against Arsenal goes for more than you would think.Unfortunately i didn't get one that night 'cos we arrived late :angry:

By the way Dave,regarding the '66 cup Final,did you know that Wednesday were the first losing side to do a lap of honour?

Not that i was there,i was minus 2 years old.

Regards

Cheers for the welcome Dave :)

So England won eh? :rolleyes:

I know what you are saying regarding Hurst's disputed goal but it doesn't mean the match would have finished 2-1 as the play would have taken a very different course of events.We may well have gone on to win anyway or we could have lost 3-1,who knows.All i do know is the 4-2 score printed in the history books ;-)

I don't know but i have a sneaky feeling that Fabio will make us great once again B)

As for the domestic Cup final of that year,my Uncle was there and so i have inherited his legacy and followed in his blue and white footsteps.Had a great day out at Barnsley yesterday B)

Back on topic though,my mate does a bit of Ebaying and a few years back he had a couple of programmes from the 1935 Wednesday v West Brom cup final.

He sold the one that wasn't in great condition and it went for £70.He has held onto the good condition one since but i am guessing it would be worth £150 ish but depends on who bids and time of year it would be listed?

I also found out that although the programmes from Wednesday's 90's Wembley visits don't fetch much,the '93 FA cup replay against Arsenal goes for more than you would think.Unfortunately i didn't get one that night 'cos we arrived late :angry:

By the way Dave,regarding the '66 cup Final,did you know that Wednesday were the first losing side to do a lap of honour?

Not that i was there,i was minus 2 years old.

Regards

I was 10 at the time and remember watching both matches live on TV (Grandstand BBC outside broadcasts) at my grandfathers house.