Star Inn Danville Street

Guest glynn

Guest glynn

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has a photograph of the Star Inn which was situated on Danville Street?

Star Inn

49 Danville Street, S4

Open 1883

Closed 1960

Span 77

Comments

Earlier

1948 Mrs Hilda Mills

1951 Mrs Elsie Hibbard

I would be most greatful if anyone can help please

Regards

Glynn

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has a photograph of the Star Inn which was situated on Danville Street?

Star Inn

49 Danville Street, S4

Open 1883

Closed 1960

Span 77

Comments

Earlier

1948 Mrs Hilda Mills

1951 Mrs Elsie Hibbard

I would be most greatful if anyone can help please

Regards

Glynn

Hope you have some success with your search for a pic of The Star pub. Back in the 1940s, I fetched many a gill of beer for my gran from The Star, which was just across the road from gran's house. If you do find a pic (and I have been searching in vain for years) do let me know.

Hope you have some success with your search for a pic of The Star pub. Back in the 1940s, I fetched many a gill of beer for my gran from The Star, which was just across the road from gran's house. If you do find a pic (and I have been searching in vain for years) do let me know.

I've looked, no joy so far; sounds like a good challenge.

Guest glynn

I've looked, no joy so far; sounds like a good challenge.

Yes i think it is a good challenge. I know of no surviving picture, but, if you can help in anyway i would be eternally grateful

Glynn

Yes i think it is a good challenge. I know of no surviving picture, but, if you can help in anyway i would be eternally grateful

Glynn

Maybe a Map from the Fifties would help, nudge people on as to the location of Danville Street <Nudge, Nudge>

Maybe a Map from the Fifties would help, nudge people on as to the location of Danville Street <Nudge, Nudge>

Link to previous topic about Danville Street ....Link

Still no photo though

Guest glynn

Yes, sorry, very rude of me not to mention where Danville street was. The bottom of Danville street is where the Gates to Burngreave Cemerety are now (approx). The street went up hill and exited on Grimesthorpe Road. Actually, the Star Inn is shown on the 1954 (mono) map that Stuart has kindly uploaded.

Regards

Glynn

Guest skeets

Yes, sorry, very rude of me not to mention where Danville street was. The bottom of Danville street is where the Gates to Burngreave Cemerety are now (approx). The street went up hill and exited on Grimesthorpe Road. Actually, the Star Inn is shown on the 1954 (mono) map that Stuart has kindly uploaded.

Regards

Glynn

HI Glynn, You got things about arse upards as my old mum used to say Danville st ran up very steeply from Grimesthorpe rd bang

opposite the Tea Gardens pub, and ended at scrub land

at the top, which lead down to the cemetery gates at the end of Melrose rd this is how things were when l was lad. cheers Skeets