4475 WE

Waterside Echo

Bus 100. Where did it finish up? and has anyone got a better shot than this. W/E.

A bit of history of this coach and a better photo, unfortunately in all over white, is here.

EDIT

Link was to Fotopic, so it no longer exists.

Found another link, though

http://www.flickr.co...rev/2223652540/

Guest bus man

A bit of history of this coach and a better photo, unfortunately in all over white, is here.

The coach was last seen in use by an operator in Leeds

Guest transit

...the original "owner" of the reg, now M52 , after conversion to a towing wagon , is shown here in familier guise - towing a Neepsend Atlantean !!!!!! he he (it was later re-registered and has been saved for preservation).........

I remember the original 475, a Leyland PD3 at Eastbank garage. I worked this bus as a conductor and a driver, Titans were the best buses that I ever worked, it is a pity it got cut down.

475 (4475 WE) was the last Sheffield PD3 in normal service. Its last day was 22nd April 1976 when it was used on service 76. Its last run terminated at Sheffield Lane Top terminus after the evening peak. It was then used for a circular evening enthusiast tour via Fox House, Bakewell, Matlock and Chesterfield.

No way I would have remembered the date but I remember it was route 76, I drove it on that day and it could still leave the more modern buses standing coming up the hill from Firvale.

STD/SJOC only had thirty PD3s, but had many more of the shorter PD2 variant. The PD3s were 461-476 (4461-76 WE) & 901-914 (3901-14 WE) delivered in 1959. Of these, fourteen passed to SYPTE in 1974 (461/62/63/65/66/68/69/75, 901/02/04/10/11(as DIV D11)/13. 904 of course survives as does 475 and 913 in cut down form. 910 also saw further use in cut down form. Of those withdrawn in STD days, 908 & 914 saw further service with Stevensons, Spath, near Uttoxeter. I presume all others were disposed of for scrap by STD/SYPTE.

Guest transit

...back to the original question , former Coachline 100 does still exists with United Coaches of Glasgow !!!....

United Coaches xsu913'' target='_blank'>United Coaches xsu913>United Coaches xsu913

...back to the original question , former Coachline 100 does still exists with United Coaches of Glasgow !!!....

United Coaches xsu913'' target='_blank'>United Coaches xsu913>United Coaches xsu913

Not looking bad to say its nearly 30 years old. I wonder how many owners its had up to now? W/E.

Guest MarkM

It's on it's tenth keeper apparently (according to HPI) and was a CAT-C Insurance write off in 2007....