Unidentified buildings and streets

RichardB

Faulkirk Rd, 1st right up Ringinlow Rd . Skeets.

Is this a delayed reply from France skeets?

I have posted an answer,

take a look at the above posts.

Steve lol

Guest Gramps

I would say that picturesheffield are right about the location

and the reversed image.

Do we get a prize for helping them out <_<

I wouldn't ;-) That to me looks like the view down Mowson lane in Worral.

'Pistols at Dawn' Gramps.

he he

Nice house

No date given. Unidentified house in the Sheffield area not Middlewood Hall

http://www.picturesheffield.com/cgi-bin/pi...ff.refno=t01740

I saw this picture two years ago in the Sheffield Library and put the suggestion to the lady that it could be

Middlewood Hall. She said she would study it with more recent pictures, it seems they came up with negative.

Buildings change over the years with alterations etc but I'm still convinced it is Middlewood Hall.

I used to work there and know it quite well. There is also another picture of the Hall from the side angle

which convinced me it was Middlewood Hall.

If that is Mowson Lane Worrall then the opening on the left is the driveway to Middlewood Hall. But you can see roof tops to the left and there's no houses in the grounds of Middlewood Hall.

Guest Jeremy

I saw this picture two years ago in the Sheffield Library and put the suggestion to the lady that it could be

Middlewood Hall. She said she would study it with more recent pictures, it seems they came up with negative.

Buildings change over the years with alterations etc but I'm still convinced it is Middlewood Hall.

I used to work there and know it quite well. There is also another picture of the Hall from the side angle

which convinced me it was Middlewood Hall.

I'm flipping back and forth between these two photos on Picture Sheffield:

http://www.picturesheffield.com/cgi-bin/pi...ff.refno=s06048

I agree they could be the same building, but then again they could also be different ones, it's hard to say.

Jeremy

A top notch (modern) photograph of the side of the building facing the Race Track would be good right now ...

Palimpsest, yes, that's the fellow.

Pauline Bell would be a good person to ask - her opinion would carry some weight. Hillsborough born and bred, a Historian, respected.

Emailled Pauline a while ago and told her poltely one of her PDF's on Hillsborough was broken, she sorted it and sent a Thank you email.

Beautifully put together Hillsborough/Middlewood history pages for which much respect, I've posted links before, blowed if I can find 'em now ... Tsavo !

I'm flipping back and forth between these two photos on Picture Sheffield:

http://www.picturesheffield.com/cgi-bin/pi...ff.refno=s06048

I agree they could be the same building, but then again they could also be different ones, it's hard to say.

Jeremy

Could a "photo-person" (i.e. not me - non comprende) superimpose the two ??

Faulkland Rd, 1st right up Ringinlow Rd /..NICE HOUSE looks like THE MOUNT Broomhill Skeets

That's three possibilities for Nice House, which is tremendous - lets discuss/debate/argue/fight !

and then, hopefully, let's reach a reasonable conclusion.

Who's picking sides for the punchup ? I'm "well-built" as they say ...

Guest Gramps

'Pistols at Dawn' Gramps.

he he

Dawn is a bit early for me at this time of year - how does 9:30 suit you ;-)

Guest Jeremy

Could a "photo-person" (i.e. not me - non comprende) superimpose the two ??

Richard, this works well for me:

Click the first link to go to the Picture Sheffield site. Click the zoom button to open the photo at full size in a new window. Now, without closing the zoom window, click the second link to the Picture Sheffield site and then click the zoom button. On my browser (Mac/Safari), the second photo opens in the same zoom window, so you can then use the key combinations for page forward/back to rapidly flip back and forth between the two (probably hold the 'Control' or 'Alt' key and press the left/right arrow keys).

Richard, this works well for me:

Click the first link to go to the Picture Sheffield site. Click the zoom button to open the photo at full size in a new window. Now, without closing the zoom window, click the second link to the Picture Sheffield site and then click the zoom button. On my browser (Mac/Safari), the second photo opens in the same zoom window, so you can then use the key combinations for page forward/back to rapidly flip back and forth between the two (probably hold the 'Control' or 'Alt' key and press the left/right arrow keys).

Sounds good; I just use the second screen connected to my laptop.

What can't you read Richard?

If it's the big sign on the left it says Hippodrome.

I spend ages peering at that trying to make out someones name !

<Hangs head in shame ...>