Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stuart0742

Sheffield Parks Recreation Grounds and Open Spaces

Recommended Posts

Stuart0742

Concord Park

Map Ref 19

Info from Dunsbyowl

Concord Park was presented to the City By Alderman J G Graves in 1929 it wa made larger be the in 1932.

At one time recreational facilities included :

Ten Tennis Courts

Twenty Three Football Pitches

Seven Cricket Pitches

Two bowling greens

A nine Hole golf course

A miniature gold course

Children Play Ground

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Crookes Valley Park

Map Ref 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Crookesmoor East Recreation Ground, (Ponderosa)

Map Ref 66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Deep Pits

Map Ref 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Deepcar Recreation Ground

Map Ref 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Devonshire Green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Dore Recreation Ground

Map Ref 24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Duchess Road Community Area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Earl Marshal Recreation Ground

Map Ref 25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

East End Park

Map Ref 26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Ecclesall Woods

Map Ref 27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Ecclesfield Park

Map Ref 28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Ellesmere Park

Map Ref 29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Firth Park

Map Ref 31

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/out--about/par...arks/firth-park

Cafe Link

Multimap Link

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/i...ost&p=43482

The 36 acre park was a gift to the town from Mark Firth. Originally forming part of the larger Page Hall estate, purchased by Firth in 1873, the Park was offically opened on 16 April 1875 by the Price and Princess of Wales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Flockton Park

Map Ref 32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Fox Glen Recreation Ground

Map Ref 34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Foxhill Recreation Ground

Map 35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Frecheville Community Centre

Map Ref 36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart0742

Gleadless Valley Woodland Park

Map Ref 38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...