Mystery photo

RichardB

Spot on, Well done !

Now for the famous former resident ...

just stumbled on this old post, Is the famous resident still alive ? If so it could be someone with initials J. S. not wanting to give too much away. If dead it could be someone with initials H. B.

Long gone and H.B.

just stumbled on this old post, Is the famous resident still alive ? If so it could be someone with initials J. S. not wanting to give too much away. If dead it could be someone with initials H. B.

Long gone and H.B.

I thought so, Harry Brearly. I believe he lived in one of the cottages across from the top of Oborne St. J. S. lived in the same area down Fitzallen St.

Along with another famouse face, (now gone) the mother of D.W.

You mean the mother of Dale Winton,       Sheree Winton, real name Shirley Patrick from Fitzalan Street,I used to go to school with her

On 04/06/2009 at 19:27, RichardB said:

The second one is just a spit away from the first one, if that helps, really in the Kelvins cellars.

I know this post is from the year dot but it brought back a memory from my CTS school days.

When I was travelling to and from school in the early sixties, the Kelvin Flats construction was under way.

From the top deck of the bus I saw them taking the top off a very large egg shaped sewer, that ran down the length of Portland Street.

They removed the arch over the top and left it running as what appeared to be a small river between the remaining brickwork for a while..

I think that they then capped it with some sort of flat roof, presumably to lower the ground level above it.

When they eventually erected the flats they left a gap over the old route of Portland Street, presumably because of the main sewer just beneath it.

On 02/06/2009 at 14:19, RichardB said:

Anyone got any idea ?

post-124-1243948777_thumb.jpg

When was this photo taken and who is the photographer? I would love to see a close up of the person standing at the bottom of our steps but it becomes distorted when I try to enlarge it.

On 26/10/2016 at 14:33, Stentor said:

You mean the mother of Dale Winton,       Sheree Winton, real name Shirley Patrick from Fitzalan Street,I used to go to school with her

I had no idea Dale Winton had Sheffield connections!