Pub Signs

dunsbyowl1867

Ball Inn, Myrtle Rd, S2. (open)

Crown Inn, Albert Rd, Heeley. (open)

Red Lion, London Rd South. (open)

White Lion, London Rd South. (open)

Main Record updated

Photograph please .. lol

Well it WAS hung up but got dangerous when it was very windy so at the minute it's propped against the back of my garage wall-as in photo.Hope to put it back up soon

Well it WAS hung up but got dangerous when it was very windy so at the minute it's propped against the back of my garage wall-as in photo.Hope to put it back up soon

Thanks jimmydunneclone,

that's the one I remember from when I use to frequent the pub.

This is an odd one. Cock Inn Oughtibridge

Ride a cock horse comes to mind. It use to be a coaching house.

Old Heavygate Inn - Walkley/Crookes

PS - How do I get images to appear before or between text as opposed to after it all?

IE. How do I put this picture after Old Heavygate -- but before PS --

PS - How do I get images to appear before or between text as opposed to after it all?

vox.

The image will position itself to the right of where ever you

place the 'blinking cursor' on the edit page.

Thats one hell of a pub crawl girls and boys....! lol

And we ain't finished yet

lol

vox.

Well that sounds blinkin easy then.

But as you can see (5th edit) it's not working for me.

This should have been above the text.

Do you mean like this :)

Do you mean like this :)

Upload the picture

Place the cursor in the text where you want the picture to be

Click on the attachment manager which will then list all your uploaded picture attachments to the current post

For the picture you want to insert at the cursor position click on its little green cross icon

This will insert some code into your text at the cursor position which will cause the picture to be displayed in this position when viewed normally (not in add post or edit modes)

I found it quite easy but I have no idea what this "blinking" thing is you are all on about.

Upload the picture

Place the cursor in the text where you want the picture to be

Click on the attachment manager which will then list all your uploaded picture attachments to the current post

For the picture you want to insert at the cursor position click on its little green cross icon

This will insert some code into your text at the cursor position which will cause the picture to be displayed in this position when viewed normally (not in add post or edit modes)

I found it quite easy but I have no idea what this "blinking" thing is you are all on about.

Right - here we go again then.

Step by (place blinkin' curser here) step.

Got it. It was the click on the "Manage current attachment" icon that I wasn't doing.

(The blinkin' eye is my idea of a humorous response to SteveHB's instruction.)

QUOTE (SteveHB @ Jun 25 2009, 03:55 PM) vox.

Right - here we go again then.

Step by (place blinkin' curser here) step.

Got it. It was the click on the "Manage current attachment" icon that I wasn't doing.

(The blinkin' eye is my idea of a humorous response to SteveHB's instruction.)

QUOTE (SteveHB @ Jun 25 2009, 03:55 PM) vox.

I had assumed that the "blinking cursor" was a cursor which "blinked", ie, flashed on an and off at a steady rate like the vertical line cursor does while you are entering or editing a post to make its position obvious. As this is the only usable cursor on the enter and edit page, the only other cursor as such being the mouse pointer, then it is "the cursor" and Steve's use of the prefix blinking threw me a bit.

However, you seem to have got the hang of it now vox.

I had assumed that the "blinking cursor" was a cursor which "blinked", ie, flashed on an and off at a steady rate like the vertical line cursor does while you are entering or editing a post to make its position obvious. As this is the only usable cursor on the enter and edit page, the only other cursor as such being the mouse pointer, then it is "the cursor" and Steve's use of the prefix blinking threw me a bit.

However, you seem to have got the hang of it now vox.

Yes I know what the "blinking curser" is.

It was actually the "manage attachments" step that I was missing out.

Sorry! - all this over my blinkin' odd sense of humour. Obviously not as punny as I thought. :)

The Pomona, 255 Ecclesall Road.

Who was Pomona .. Wikipedia

Judging by the clientel that the Pomona used to get last time I went in (a good few years ago now) I would have said that POMONA was the patron saint of old university students who came to Sheffield from outside to study and liked the place so much they never went home (and who can blame them for that ;-) )

It always seemed to be full of "mature" students when I went in and none of them were "local" Sheffielders.

Judging by the clientel that the Pomona used to get last time I went in (a good few years ago now) I would have said that POMONA was the patron saint of old university students who came to Sheffield from outside to study and liked the place so much they never went home (and who can blame them for that ;-) )

It always seemed to be full of "mature" students when I went in and none of them were "local" Sheffielders.

Thinking back it wasn't a pub that I liked either,

I can't remember what brand of beer was sold,

was it a Mansfields house as I don't recollect it being a local brewer ?

Thinking back it wasn't a pub that I liked either,

I can't remember what brand of beer was sold,

was it a Mansfields house as I don't recollect it being a local brewer ?

Not far off Steve,

I think it was the only "Home Ales" tied house in Sheffield.

Home Ales were based at Nottingham.

The Cremorne

155 London Road

Where did it's name come from .. Wikipedia

Mary Walton says in 1867 the grounds of Mount Pleasant were passed to the Mount Pleasant Land Society who developed the little estate of inexpensive housing between Sitwell road and Herschel road. there was apparently an intention to call it the 'Cremorne Estate' and it was so named in the 1872 directory.

She has no explanation of the origin of the name and the Cremorne pub lies outside the bounds of the estate, - in any case the Land Society specifically forbade the erection of a public house on the estate.