Happy 50th Birthday 904

Guest bus man

Guest bus man

Tommorow is the 50th Birthday of STD bus 904 and 913 - now known as M10

Here are photographs from today's Birthday Bash

Guest transit

Great pics Busman ....thanks once again !!!!!!!

This is good: it means I am younger than my avatar!

I do wish that the powers that be would repaint PD3 904 in its original livery which i.m.o. suited the Roe body so well. (as shown so magnificently on PD2 1156 from a previous thread on this forum)

Guest bus man

I do wish that the powers that be would repaint PD3 904 in its original livery which i.m.o. suited the Roe body so well. (as shown so magnificently on PD2 1156 from a previous thread on this forum)

I think 904 was done in the current livery as it means there is one in pulman livery and one in the other livery, just a thought was 904 devlivered in the pullman livery or the one show on the anviersary photos ?

APOLOGY : Sorry I was wrong the 904 batch was delivered in the pullman livery they got the other livery on first repaint, the comment above regarding having 904 in the later livery so that there is one in front is correct it means there is one in each livery

I think 904 was done in the current livery as it means there is one in pulman livery and one in the other livery, just a thought was 904 devlivered in the pullman livery or the one show on the anviersary photos ?

APOLOGY : Sorry I was wrong the 904 batch was delivered in the pullman livery they got the other livery on first repaint, the comment above regarding having 904 in the later livery so that there is one in front is correct it means there is one in each livery

I think it would be on Mr Humpidge's watch that the standard livery was applied to those buses with the 'Pullman' livery and at the same time, the crossbars between the front indicator panels were painted black - I feel that this latter action spoilt the appearance of many Sheffield buses at a stroke, although I did appreciate that he brought back the cream roof colour after years of grey. Does anyone recall whether the 'black crossbars' were changed back to cream when MacDonald took over prior to the very disappointing SYPTE colours coming in.

Do you recall AEC Regent No.8 Bus man, I have attached a picture from about 1950 I guess. An early application of a Pullman style livery. Whether this was applied prior to the arrival of the Leyland 'Farington' livery on the 603 series, I don't know.

Guest transit

I think it would be on Mr Humpidge's watch that the standard livery was applied to those buses with the 'Pullman' livery and at the same time, the crossbars between the front indicator panels were painted black - I feel that this latter action spoilt the appearance of many Sheffield buses at a stroke, although I did appreciate that he brought back the cream roof colour after years of grey. Does anyone recall whether the 'black crossbars' were changed back to cream when MacDonald took over prior to the very disappointing SYPTE colours coming in.

Do you recall AEC Regent No.8 Bus man, I have attached a picture from about 1950 I guess. An early application of a Pullman style livery. Whether this was applied prior to the arrival of the Leyland 'Farington' livery on the 603 series, I don't know.

...another "experimental livery" on BWE 526 !! ...... :o

Guest littlemalc

It was great to be re-aquainted with 904 this last Christmas, living as I do now, away from Sheffield, my wife and I had a cottage over Christmas at Hope, we went just prior to Castleton for some "pub grub", and I was delighted and surprised to see 904 in the bus turn-round, it was also nice to have a chat to the four old farts (ha!ha!) like me! who were sat inside having a cuppa, happy days eh lads?

...another "experimental livery" on BWE 526 !! ...... :o

As built with full front and then as delivered to Sheffield Transport. Photos courtesy of Stephen Ward.

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364">