Classic Programmes

Guest The General

Guest wednesdayorwot

I've got the original " The Romance of the Wednesday" which was done in the 1920's

Anyone have any ideas how much its worth these days?

Guest The General

I've got the original " The Romance of the Wednesday" which was done in the 1920's

Anyone have any ideas how much its worth these days?

No idea on value, but get some pictures posted.

I've never seen that one!

The General

1993 FA Cup Final Replay vs Arsenal

I haven't got a photo but last year I sold a spare copy on ebay for £95.00 which isn't bad for the £5.00 or so I paid at the match.. They regularly go for such amounts and can only assume Arsenal fans buy them. A woman bought this one for as a birthday present for her husband. I love my football but if my wife spent that I'd be none too chuffed!

1966 Final - about £10

Don Megson testimonial - about £5

1993 Replay - About £70, but has been more

A few REALLY rare ones for you

1935 FA Cup final

1962 Fairs Cup - Barcelona v Wednesday at the Nou Camp

1966 Final - about £10

Don Megson testimonial - about £5

1993 Replay - About £70, but has been more

A few REALLY rare ones for you

1935 FA Cup final

1962 Fairs Cup - Barcelona v Wednesday at the Nou Camp

The 35 Final generally goes for around 400 quid(sorry no pound key on this computer)

The 62 Fairs cup is the holy grail of Owls Programmes there just doesn't seem to be any around. If anyone has one please PM me.

The 35 Final generally goes for around 400 quid(sorry no pound key on this computer)

The 62 Fairs cup is the holy grail of Owls Programmes there just doesn't seem to be any around. If anyone has one please PM me.

I know someone who has, and i'm currently in negotiations to buy it off him ;-)

I know someone who has, and i'm currently in negotiations to buy it off him ;-)

Boooo...stamps feet and crys "I want it " lol

Seriously let me know how you go on and good luck

Guest Wednesdayite

I will tell you a very very sad story, that still makes me weep today.

In my early teenage years I collected all things Wednesday, newspaper cuttings, programmes, the lot. My uncle a MASSIVE Owls fan give me some memorabilia, including the 1935 Cup Final programme. All was neatly stored in a special box in my bedroom under the bed.

One year we had visitors over from abroad and I had to give my bedroom up. Mum cleared the room and put my box in the hut!!

Dad then decided to have a clearout, saw my box and burned the lot. He said he didn't realise what it was.

Dad and I got on great, never had cross words but I didn't speak to him for about three months and to this day I am still gutted that all my collection went up in smoke.

Guest Deswalker

I have (one of three known to the club) the programme to this match, first game at Olive Grove:

"The first match to be played at the completed stadium was against Blackburn Rovers on 12 September 1887, resulting in a 4-4 draw, with Wednesday coming back from 4-1 behind." - Wikipedia.

Dad then decided to have a clearout, saw my box and burned the lot. He said he didn't realise what it was.

Dad and I got on great, never had cross words but I didn't speak to him for about three months and to this day I am still gutted that all my collection went up in smoke.

Ahhhhhhh that's a nightmare !!

Still - it wasn't done maliciously I guess but that's GOT to hurt

Guest johnty the owl

Ahhhhhhh that's a nightmare !!

Still - it wasn't done maliciously I guess but that's GOT to hurt

My uncle has a programme from the 50's (I think) Division 2 Acc Stanley v Bradford Park Ave which he said he was going to give me.

Still waiting though!!!! :(

Friendly against Hungarian team in 1955.

Looked this up - apparently it was another footballing lesson from a Hungarian Team and Wednesday got stuffed 7-2!

So was this - remember Warhurst nearly died! I'll never forget he wanted to leave Wednesday because he wanted to play as a striker not a defender then he got transferred and promptly started playing centre half again. Even so some great memories!