Swine flu

RichardB

If you receive an email telling you not to eat tinned Pork products because of the swine flu threat you can ignore it, it's Spam.

------------

Radio 2 - I'm not going to be blamed for the quality of that jest-ette

If you receive an email telling you not to eat tinned Pork products because of the swine flu threat you can ignore it, it's Spam.

------------

Radio 2 - I'm not going to be blamed for the quality of that jest-ette

The newly elected speaker in the house of commons is to be Pablo Picasso...

Because he has the Ayes to the right, and the Noes to the left.

[Joke from about 2 weeks ago, same vintage as the spam joke]

You try livin at Crookes Im only bout 1/4 mile away from Lydgate school and travel on the student infected 52 bus every day. Like the spam joke though

How to tell if your child has swine flu.......

Early indications,

Been back at work 3 weeks now.

Already the numbers of cases among young people is starting to rise again (it fell in late July, spot the pattern)

Quite a few off with "flu symptoms" already, although there is something else going around which isn't swine flu but has similar symptoms.

I don't think we are clear of a possible pandemic yet and it could soon be back in force.

I think I am relying upon 2 things to protect me

1)

If you were born before 1958 you have probably been exposed to the H1N1 flu virus before and may have some degree of natural immunity.

2)

As I work in a school with young people and as I have medical suseptabilty to this type of infection I am hoping I am fairly high on the list for the new vaccine when it becomes available in October, - although half the country could have got the virus by then!

I don't think either of these are going to help me that much so lets hope the expected pandamic does not turn out to be as severe as the predictions suggest.