Traffic Cops

Guest Ferguson

Anyone know where I can find all the Traffic Cops episodes which were based in Sheffield and South Yorkshire? I used to love watching it until they ran out of crimes in Sheffied and move to Lancashire.

Guest tsavo

Pardon my ignorance, (I'm almost afraid to ask) but what does FTW mean. If it's really bad maybe I'm better off not knowing. Welcome to SH, Whelk.

Apparently it means this according to the Urban Dictionary

"Acronym, For The Win

An enthusiastic emphasis to the end of a comment, message, or post. Sometimes genuine, though often mocking, in jest or sarcastic.

Originated with the game show Hollywood Squares where the result of the player's response is expected to win the game.

Dark Iron Boots of Fire Resistance FTW!

Male Contestant: Gillian Anderson for the win, please.

Host: All right Gillian for $4,000..."

Guest Whelk

thanks for the welcome tsavo.And yes it does mean "For The Win" its used extensivley in online gaming.

And nothing bad could ever be said of the Legend that is Tim Scothern

As for the series it was shown about 3 years ago on BBC1,and featured heavily around Sheffield,Rotherham and Barnsley

Guest transit

thanks for the welcome tsavo.And yes it does mean "For The Win" its used extensivley in online gaming.

And nothing bad could ever be said of the Legend that is Tim Scothern

As for the series it was shown about 3 years ago on BBC1,and featured heavily around Sheffield,Rotherham and Barnsley

He -Tim Scothern - used to reguarly park in my private driveway during the night - waiting for any "dodgy" drivers passing by. We did"nt even know till we saw the series on TV.They must have been really quiet ,with film crew etc, as we have 5 dogs and did"nt hear anything!

Their running the series again on sky...uktv something or other.

We were watching it last night.

To change it but though, they have mixed the shows up a little so you get ten minutes of one programme mixed in with fifteen minuets of another.

Still very watchable though.

By the way Scothern's good but Bort is better!!

Im afraid I just couldnt watch PC Scothern out of breath again. The great fat lump. Hes a bit of an embarrassment, but saying that with the help of him and SY99 we have a quieter estate. One of the episodes with the motorbike on fire was filmed close to where I live.