Location Puzzle

Dickdioxide

About to go soon as the new lamp standard has already been put in place

Having some problems inserting an image DD ?

Steve

Guest transit

Having some problems inserting an image DD ?

Steve

.....maybe thats the puzzle !!! - guess the location !!!!!!! he he

Fixed it-but got another picture on.

I'll leave it as a thanks for the update that was posted for Saturday 9th.

Guest pidd

the train is on Midland station platform, parkhill was built at the back of there.Saw this train nany times.

Correct

-but its not the locomotive- that was taken on May 9th this year. I left it on as a thanks for information recieved.

Where is the lampost?

I's say somwhere near Lydgate Lane

I don't think it can be Lydgate Lane: the 59 never ran that way (at least not in my recollection). From Glossop Road it ran down Brocco Bank to Hunters Bar. The sections of route where the 2 and 59 coincided were from the City Centre to Glossop Road, from Hunters Bar to the top of Woodseats Road and from Norton Water Tower to Malin Bridge or Hillsborough, although I am not certain what changes have occurred in recent years as First continually change things and I can't keep up, being too many miles away.

Not that I have a clue where it is, however. My thought was perhaps somewhere in the back streets of Darnall, put up after the route was changed to take in the housing areas rather than Greenalnd Road and Broughton Lane.

Guest sammyopisite

I don't think it can be Lydgate Lane: the 59 never ran that way (at least not in my recollection). From Glossop Road it ran down Brocco Bank to Hunters Bar. The sections of route where the 2 and 59 coincided were from the City Centre to Glossop Road, from Hunters Bar to the top of Woodseats Road and from Norton Water Tower to Malin Bridge or Hillsborough, although I am not certain what changes have occurred in recent years as First continually change things and I can't keep up, being too many miles away.

Not that I have a clue where it is, however. My thought was perhaps somewhere in the back streets of Darnall, put up after the route was changed to take in the housing areas rather than Greenalnd Road and Broughton Lane.

Hi I think it could be around carterknowle Road area as the house's sem to be stone built or around the the water tower at norton.

Well done.It is at the junction of Lygate Lane an Tapton Crescent Road.

Crosspool transmitter is in the background.

The sign was put up when Lydgate Lane was briefly closed and the outer circle bus route was diverted onto Manchester Road via TCR in the 90's.

Wasn't there a 59 from town to via Rivelin Malin Bridge around teatime?