Rotherham

Guest The General

Guest lebourg

Wow, That was so quick.

Thanks much for your reply and time.

Much appreciated. :)

update: On the corner of Lyme St / Masbrough St there's a large building shown on the old map and when I looked on Street view this could be the Moulders Rest.

update: On the corner of Lyme St / Masbrough St there's a large building shown on the old map and when I looked on Street view this could be the Moulders Rest.

In the late 80's I spent a few weeks hospital visiting to Rotherham District General,

also managed to visit a few of Rotherham pubs, the Moulders Rest was my favourite.

Did not drive at that time, so used the bus or train,

I was not aware the Moulders PH was still there, so thanks for the mention.

Guest busy lizzy

can anyone remember the nightclub Peppermint Park?

I spent many happy times there in the late eighties

Also can anyone remember Clifton Park,I used to go every week as a child and remember the fun rides and the little Zoo.

Has anyone got photos of the above please?

Sadly, it looks as though time has been called for the last time at the Belvedere.

Patrick

"The Belvedere" is now a Tesco Express

(photos to follow soon)

Guest Barbara M

"The Belvedere" is now a Tesco Express

(photos to follow soon)

My husband went into Rotherham today & saw the sad sight of the pub turned into a " Tesco Express " .......I bet a lot of people agree with us by saying they will miss it & I bet old Bartlett Holbein ( the first landlord ) will turn in his grave !!!

can anyone remember the nightclub Peppermint Park?

I spent many happy times there in the late eighties

Also can anyone remember Clifton Park,I used to go every week as a child and remember the fun rides and the little Zoo.

Has anyone got photos of the above please?

Clifton Park 1988

Guest busy lizzy

Yes that is exactly as I remember it,thanks for sharing

have you any photos of the paddling pool,moon ride,pets corner,donkey rides or museum?

Rotherham's River of Colour! :)

Eight miles of the central reservation plus several roundabouts along the A631 Bawtry Road and the A630 Centenary Way - from the M18 junction at Bramley right into Rotherham Town Centre - were sowed earlier in the year with thousands of flowering bulbs and several tonnes of wild flower seeds.

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/news/article/972/rotherhams_river_of_colour_has_arrived

Guest Peter Scholey

Hi All,

We’d just like to let you know about some of the weekly history classes that we’re going to be running in Rotherham. The classes start next week and will run until Easter. We have 5 classes running in the area:-

Monday Morning, 10.30-12.30, The Thirty Years War, at the Bridge Inn, Rotherham
Monday Afternoon, 1-3, The English Civil Wars, at the Bridge Inn, Rotherham,
Tuesday Morning, 10.30-12.30, Dark Age British History, at Rotherham Unity Centre, Rotherham
Tuesday Afternoon, 1-3, Medieval British History, at Rotherham Unity Centre, Rotherham
Tuesday Evening, 4-6pm, British History, at Tickhill Library, Tickhill, (4-6pm)

We strongly recommend emailing us to book onto our courses to ensure that we have enough spaces.

For more information please see our website www.hallamshirehistory.com

Please also like us on Facebook where we share a wide variety of interesting historical and archaeological articles, as well as keep people up to date with new classes, trips and archaeological summer schools. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hallamshire-History/

If you have any questions then please feel free to get in touch with me on here, or via email at hallamshire.history@gmail.com.

Thanks and regards,

Pete Scholey
Lecturer

On 3/16/2007 at 12:30, deejayone said:

An example of the blurring on the picture (only happened in this corner, no matter where it appeared in the picture and no matter what angle it was from!):

post-1-1174049082.jpg

I'll find some more pictures of the Abbey out...

This is quite spooky, have you had the negative looked at

Is it a genuine photo, not with breath blowed on to it or double exposure.

If the negative is undamaged then this is a very interesting photo because faces can definitely be seen

40 minutes ago, SteveHB said:

All the years I ran up from Canklow Road and passed Boston Castle on the way to Herringthorpe never able to go inside. Delighted to see it all spruced up and accepting visitors.

I did work with a young man in 1970 who said he lived there, his dad must have been the park keeper. He was into climbing and showed us all photographs of him climbing up the walls.