Dominators in Old Sheffield colours

Hjdary

Was leafing through an old magazine and reading an article about the last Dominators...it showed the "poster" that they carried on the last day of Dominators in different colours.....you know, the post we all borrowed!!

On it there is a image of a Dominator in Rotherham colours.

In the same magazine there is an advert for a Wright bodied Volvo...the one that First painted in Sheffield colours for a while and that got me thinking....did Mainline or First ever paint a Dominator in the old Sheffield Transport Colours??

Also..on the same poster there is an image of the Trolleybus trialled in Donny fo a while.....I know that it had the Alexander body...but was it a Dominator?

In one book I read that it was a Falcon but I suspect that the book was wrong.

Guest bus man

There HAS NOT been a dominaor done in sheffield transport livery

The Retro Liveries

This as been covered before but in order to give back ground info here is what happened when the PTE opened the new depot at Midland Road rotherham they had an open day and all the districts ie sheffield, Rotherham & Sheffield were told to paint a Roe bodied Atlantean in old colours (now known as retro) So we had 1737 in sheffield - see other thread , 1640 (Transit confirm fleet number) a alexander bodied one in doncaster bus livery , doncaster did 2414 (again conf number) in doncaster tram livery this is now preserved . And final the rotheram one in doncaster trolley bus liver (again transit will conf number was it 2260)

The choice of a roe body was perhaps odd but any way that was the official choice

2450 the trolley bus was a dominator this is now preserved but out of service at Sandtoft

Guest transit

There HAS NOT been a dominaor done in sheffield transport livery

The Retro Liveries

This as been covered before but in order to give back ground info here is what happened when the PTE opened the new depot at Midland Road rotherham they had an open day and all the districts ie sheffield, Rotherham & Sheffield were told to paint a Roe bodied Atlantean in old colours (now known as retro) So we had 1737 in sheffield - see other thread , 1640 (Transit confirm fleet number) a alexander bodied one in doncaster bus livery , doncaster did 2414 (again conf number) in doncaster tram livery this is now preserved . And final the rotheram one in doncaster trolley bus liver (again transit will conf number was it 2260)

The choice of a roe body was perhaps odd but any way that was the official choice

2450 the trolley bus was a dominator this is now preserved but out of service at Sandtoft

....Sheffield 1737 -DWJ 563V -Roe , Doncaster 1797 - JKW 297W -Alex , Donc Tramway Livery 2214 -NKU 214X -Alex ,

Rotherham ,Roe similar to Sheff to be confirmed....

Guest transit

....Sheffield 1737 -DWJ 563V -Roe , Doncaster 1797 - JKW 297W -Alex , Donc Tramway Livery 2214 -NKU 214X -Alex ,

... all three mentioned can be partially seen in pic 1at the open day , while Sheff 1737 is seen in pic 2 at another show previous with adverts for the open day. Another pic of 2214 ,now preserved...

Guest transit

...heres a pic of the Dominator trolleybus 2450 - C45 HDT - , now preserved at Sandtoft (sorry about the quality!).....

Sheffield 1737, fresh out of the paintshop. Sunday 25th July 1982 at Sandtoft. W/E.

Guest bus man

Can anyone tell me (QUIET TRANSIT ) the furthest place that the dominators went when they left south yorkshire !

Guest transit

...heres a pic of the Dominator trolleybus 2450 - C45 HDT - , now preserved at Sandtoft (sorry about the quality!).....

....front/side ....

Guest transit

....Rotherham was 1640 - XWG 640T -Roe !

Guest sheffbusman

Can anyone tell me (QUIET TRANSIT ) the furthest place that the dominators went when they left south yorkshire !

As far as I know 2281 UWJ281W is away in Germany, I think that's pretty far away!!!!!!!!!

Guest gareth388

Yes it is in germany however, that is local compared with answer

Yes, I can picture them now......in a white livery with a grey/blue stripe....they were donated I believe....cant remember the place!?

Sheffield Transport livery for a Dominator.......we could do it.....I'll shut up, too many people would scream! he he

Guest bus man

Yes, I can picture them now......in a white livery with a grey/blue stripe....they were donated I believe....cant remember the place!?

IS IT YOU AGE are you forgeting things ?

Sheffield Transport livery for a Dominator.......we could do it.....I'll shut up, too many people would scream! he he

A dominator in STD livery is not as bad as some things I think of

Guest bus man

IS IT YOU AGE are you forgeting things ?

Guest transit

....surely almost anything would look good in STD colours ?????????? How about an Alexander ALX 400 for the next modern "retro" ???????? he he

Guest transit

A dodge mini bus would NOT look good in STD livery a nipper would look odd

....a Dodge minibus would look better with "Fletchers" on the side !!!!!! lol

Guest bus man

Come weve not had the answer yet shame on you

Guest brownncream

so whats the answer then??

2160 was painted in to Rotherham Trolleybus livery in 1985. If I can figure out haow to add a picture, I will do so.

2160 was painted in to Rotherham Trolleybus livery in 1985. If I can figure out haow to add a picture, I will do so.

Another Dominator in commemorative livery was 2498, one of the ex-Southampton East Lancs bodied buses, which received the final Doncaster transport livery, as seen here on 27th December 2002:

Another view of 2214 as well, this one taken in Leyland in July 2007: