Bruce Springsteen - Spare Parts

HUGH TUBE

I went to see The Boss at Bramall Lane back in '88. He played two nights on Friday and Saturday which I think half the city could hear. This video for Spare Parts which was taken from his album Tunnel Of Love was filmed at one or both of the concerts and includes footage taken in & around the Sheffield area:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZgz33m2EMw

Enjoy

Great stuff, Thank you.

I was never a Springsteen fan, but enjoyed the video; we need more from YouTube, I'm too old to understand it all but I'm sure there is lots more Sheffield stuff out there to be discovered.

Music-wise I'm more into Caruso, Donna Summer and Mungo Jerry, kind of Disco Jugband Blues Operetta which you don't find too much of ...

<RichardB removes the tongue from his cheek>

Guest skeets

Great stuff, Thank you.

I was never a Springsteen fan, but enjoyed the video; we need more from YouTube, I'm too old to understand it all but I'm sure there is lots more Sheffield stuff out there to be discovered.

Music-wise I'm more into Caruso, Donna Summer and Mungo Jerry, kind of Disco Jugband Blues Operetta which you don't find too much of ...

<RichardB removes the tongue from his cheek>

I worked in the building trade most of my life but still prefer classical music much to my pals disbelief,

Skeets

I went to see The Boss at Bramall Lane back in '88. He played two nights on Friday and Saturday which I think half the city could hear. This video for Spare Parts which was taken from his album Tunnel Of Love was filmed at one or both of the concerts and includes footage taken in & around the Sheffield area:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZgz33m2EMw

Enjoy

There haven't been that many music concerts at Bramall Lane.

Was this the one which generated complaints in The Star about the behaviour of fans (music fans not football) urinating in local residents gardens and yards due to a lack of toilet facilities at the event?

Yes, it was loud!! 

Living at Brinsworth at the time, we thought the lad who lived over the back was having a loud party outside while his parents were away on holiday. Then realised it was the Springsteen Concert. 

It was louder than the Def Leppard Concert at Don Valley Stadium some years later, that after the Sound Check the day before was turned down a few notches. 

DSC9842.jpg.5f4b86f27e11e2efbb896a26af7726d7.jpg

Set List: Tunnel of Love Express Tour

Bramall Lane 9th July 1988

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/1988/bramall-lane-sheffield-england-7bd7b294.html